GREENSBORO, N.C. - Columbia Forest Products has teamed up with The Home Depot to offer PureBond® 5-Shelf Bookcase Kits. These premium-quality, unfinished American-sourced hardwood DIY bookcase kits are available through an exclusive online program with The Home Depot.
PureBond 5-Shelf Bookcase kits assemble to a height of 6 ft. (72 in.) and a width of 3 ft. (36 in.), with adjustable shelves. Unlike other RTA or fully assembled bookcases, they feature solid hardwood tops and frames with sturdy PureBond formaldehyde-free hardwood plywood sides, shelves, backs and bottoms.
They are the ideal solution for people seeking the timeless beauty and performance of a true hardwood bookcase that they can customize with their choice of stain or paint.
The bookcase kits assemble with ease thanks to Columbia’s unique, patented Groove-Lock™ system for a perfect-tight fit without clamping, stapling or waiting for glue to dry.
A Range of Popular Wood Species
PureBond 5-Shelf Bookcase Kits are offered in four popular wood species, each with its own beautiful grain characteristics:
- Red Oak
The quality of the hardwood surfaces in their natural, unfinished form means that once the unit is assembled with wood glue and two screws, it’s ready for whatever stain, paint or finish the customer would prefer.
Making DIY Craftsmanship a Snap
In addition to their American hardwood quality and lasting value, PureBond Project Kits make it easier than ever for DIYers to create their very own furniture items. Assembly is a snap, without the need for anything more than a screwdriver.
According to Todd Vogelsinger, Columbia Forest Products’ director of marketing, the objective is to make the pride of craftsmanship available to more people.
“Our goal is to help make working with furniture fun, easy and rewarding – even for people with no previous experience,” Vogelsinger stated.
“Having these high-quality/high-precision all-wood kits available in several species removes traditional fears or obstacles and paves the way for many more beautiful and enduring projects to happen,” he added.
Timeless Beauty … but with Unique, 21st Century Attributes
The special character of the elegant American maple, oak, poplar and cherry woods featured in PureBond 5-Shelf Bookcase Kits conveys the timeless virtues of “quality.” They feature a simple, clean design that complements a broad range of decorating styles.
These bookcases also offer numerous 21st century benefits over other RTA or fully assembled products:
- The all-wood construction of PureBond bookshelves delivers the sturdy, long-life durability that composite materials can’t match.
- The bookcases feature a hardwood plywood back instead of the cardboard or pressboard materials often used in other RTA and fully assembled items.
- If staining is desired, the quality and craftsmanship of the PureBond real wood results in a professional appearance, without spotting or absorption.
- PureBond bookcases are about 30% lighter than comparably-sized bookcases made of composite materials. This makes a welcome difference when moving the bookcase around.
- Because they contain no particleboard or other composite materials, PureBond 5-Shelf Bookcases are better for use in areas prone to humidity and moisture (they aren’t as susceptible to swelling or degrading).
- They are also a healthy, green choice. Because of their formaldehyde-free construction, PureBond 5-Shelf Bookcases are particularly well-suited for homeowners who are concerned about maintaining good indoor air quality (IAQ) for themselves and their families.
The PureBond 5-Shelf Bookcase is one of several items available in Columbia Forest Products’ new line of PureBond Project Kits. They are designed for consumers who are looking for built-for-a-lifetime quality furniture and bookshelves they can customize according to their own personal preferences. Other PureBond kit products include 3-Shelf Bookcases and Entryway Benches.
For more information about PureBond 5-Shelf Bookcases or other PureBond Project Kits available exclusively from The Home Depot, contact Kevin Crisp, Columbia Forest Products’ Home Depot Account Manager, at 1-800-637-1609 or email@example.com.
You may also access the landing page on The Home Depot’s website here.
About Columbia Forest Products
Established in 1957, Columbia Forest Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of decorative hardwood plywood and hardwood veneer. It is a leader in sustainable forestry, as well as in developing innovative and environmentally friendly technologies and products for healthy indoor living.
Columbia Forest Products has provided fine decorative hardwood plywood veneer panels to North American fabricators for nearly 60 years. The company is committed to offering the industry’s widest product selection, manufactured in efficient, technologically advanced mills, and backed by exceptional service and product support.
Since 2006, Columbia Forest Products has collaborated with The Home Depot to deliver formaldehyde-free, craftsman-quality, North American-made hardwood plywood products in exclusive offerings in The Home Depot’s retail locations and online.
PureBond website address: www.purebondplywood.com.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.