The 2022 International Woodworking Fair (IWF) takes place Tuesday, August 23 to Friday, August 26 at the Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) in Atlanta, Georgia. One of the largest woodworking trade shows and conferences in North America, IWF 2022 is being held in-person for the first time since 2018.
The biennual event attracts thousands from North America and around the world, and this year’s event is projected to be a huge draw.
Strong pent-up demand, in an industry that has been experiencing tremendous growth across all sectors despite the pandemic, is not expected to abate soon.
Experts say remodeling spending will continue to grow throughout 2002 and into early 2023.
These remodeling projects are keeping woodworking and home renovation professionals busy and in search of raw materials, supplies, finishing products, hardware, tools and machinery to get the job done.
With supply chain issues disrupting the market over the past two years, the chance to walk the show floor and speak face-to-face with owners and sales representatives will be invaluable. IWF 2022 will have more than 800 vendors on tap, displaying the latest woodworking technologies and supplies, and an education conference with more than 50 sessions, offering show attendees numerous opportunities to gain industry knowledge, network and purchase valuable machinery and equipment to run their businesses.
Reasons to attend IWF
- IWF is the largest showcase of machinery, materials, supplies and services in North America for the woodworking and related industries.
- New products are showcased by the world’s top manufacturers and providers of machinery, supplies and services.
- See cutting-edge demos of machinery, tools and other products live on the show floor.
- Meet with exhibitors and other industry experts face-to-face.
- Learn new methods and solutions to your business challenges from industry leaders during the conference to help your company work more efficiently and become more profitable.
New to IWF 2022
Embracing the social media age, IWF for the first time will host a Woodworking Influencers Lounge during the show. The lounge will be adjacent to the IWF Network News exhibit, in the new BC exhibit hall.
According to show organizers, it will serve as a gathering spot for the dozens of woodworking social media personalities to meet with their fans during the show. In online social media channels like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and in podcasts, woodworking influencers have risen in prominence in recent years, and have become an important force in communicating trends in technology, tools, materials, and techniques for producing furniture, cabinetry, and casegoods.
IWF’s education sessions are always a huge draw. To expand those offerings, IWF is launching Exhibitor EDU sessions, which will provide woodworking industry professionals with practical learning and development opportunities relevant to contemporary business operations and management in a focused setting just a few steps away from the show floor.
These sessions will be running from one to two hours in length and will be presented during the show.
Also, more than 20 of the woodworking industry’s top trade and professional organizations are coming together in an all-new program - The IWF Industry Partners Alliance – to deliver members-only benefits including discounted show registration. Showgoers can visit these IWF Industry Partners Alliance associations at their booths or attend the education sessions many will produce during the show.
IWF Industry Partners Alliance
- ACSP (Association of Closet & Storage Professionals): closets.org
- AIMSAD: turkishwoodworkingmachinery.com
- APA – Engineered Wood Association: apawood.org
- Appalachian Hardwood Association appalachianhardwood.org
- Architectural Woodwork Institute: awinet.org
- AWI Quality Certification Program: awiqcp.org
- Cabinet Makers Association: cabinetmakers.org
- Composite Panel Association: compositepanel.org
- Decorative Hardwoods Association: decorativehardwoods.org
- Forest Products Society: forestprod.org
- International Saw & Knife Association: iska.org
- International Wood Products Association: iwpawood.org
- National Hardwood Lumber Association: nhla.com
- National Wood Flooring Association: nwfa.org
- NBMDA (North American Building Material Distributors Association): nbmda.org
- Powder Coating Institute powdercoating.org
- Stairbuilders & Manufacturers Association: stairways.org
- Taiwan Woodworking Machinery Association: twma.org.tw
- Wood Component Manufacturers Association: wcma.com
- Wood Products Manufacturers Association: wpma.org
As IWF attendees prepare for a busy four days inside the GWCC, there are plenty of activities within steps of the convention center to keep them busy during their downtime.
Top attractions include the Centennial Olympic Park, the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, CNN Center, Center for Civil and Human Rights and the College Football Hall of Fame and Chick-fil-A Fan Experience, and Mercedes-Benz stadium.
Just beyond Atlanta’s bustling downtown are a wealth of attractions that are a quick drive away.
For more information and updates about IWF 2022 and to register to attend the show and education sessions, visit iwfatlanta.com.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.