"The aim with goldreif is to increase market share in the mid market to premium segment, to complement Poggenpohl's luxury market position," says Neil Bailey, president of Poggenpohl U.S.
Strikingly different from Poggenpohl designs, goldreif also boasts laser applied edging on laminate, melamine and acrylic fronts, the "zero glue line" edgeband that has been getting a lot of press in office furniture markets.
The turnaround is also relatively quick for an import: 4 to 6 weeks.
The cabinets are also available in wood, veneered or decor paper fronts with a vertical or horizontal grain structure option at no upcharge. Laminated wood reproduction fronts are available with matched and continuous horizontal grain structure Solid wood and veneered doors and panels available in special wood stain finishes to match color chart or samples.
Founded in 1929, goldreif was acquired by Poggenpohl in the 1970s. Targeting consumers who are serious cooks, it is positioned as an "inspirational choice and excellence at an attainable price," making it accessible to a broader, and perhaps younger, market.
Three cabinet ranges - Pure, Profile, and Classic - are offered, with 113 door styles. Other featuers include:
• 44 colors/finishes for cabinet construction
• Door colors available in any RAL or NCS color (European parallels to Pantone)
• 40 colors/finishes for visible sides
• 18mm (0.7-inch) thick panels, both horizontal and vertical
• Shelving and panel systems ranging from 12mm to 120mm thick, in 50 different standard colors and materials, as well as any RAL or NCS color
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.