MEXICO CITY – Thousands of professional wood products professionals will converge on Mexico City Jan. 22-24 for MEM Industrial, the country's leading trade show for the primary and secondary wood manufacturing industry. The event features more than 200 popular brands of woodworking technology and supplies spread across more than 150,000-square-feet of exhibition space at Centro Citibanamex.
Admission is free to the three-day event, which runs from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. For information visit memindustrial.mx.
Reinforcing the international scope of the show, in addition to exhibitors from Mexico, companies from the United States, Canada, Germany, Italy, China and Finland will be represented, with equipment and materials for the processing of solid wood and composite panels used to manufacture furniture, cabinetry and other wood-based products.
Show Director Azul Ogazón noted the 26th edition of the annual tradeshow will be a landmark event, with an unprecedented agenda focused on sustainability, forging closer ties between designers and industry and innovation in surfaces. In keeping with its main themes of sustainability, design and surface innovations, this year’s edition will feature:
• Partnership with CONAFOR. The National Forestry Commission (CONAFOR) has embarked on a long-term strategic partnership with Hannover Fairs México to find sustainable development solutions for Mexico’s forestry industry.
• Partnership with Reforestamos. These efforts will be shored up by an agreement with the civil organization Reforestamos, helping create a sense of community and an inclusive professional platform accessible to all actors in the forestry industry.
• Environmental Protection Awards. These will be presented at MEM Industrial 2020 by the National Timber Industry Chamber (CANAINMA)
• Makers for Good @ MEM Industrial 2020 Makeathon. MEM Industrial 2020 will also be making a concerted effort to connect local talent, creativity and design with industry with the Makers for Good @ MEM Industrial 2020 Makeathon. A collaborative effort between Hannover Fairs México, Fablab Impact and Fablab DF, 20 artists, designers and industrial engineers were shortlisted to participate in this platform and were provided with the technology, tools, materials and machinery needed to build their wooden furniture prototypes, which will be on display at MEM Industrial 2020. The winner will receive a trip to Germany.
• Organized by the Mexican Association of Suppliers of the Woodworking and Furniture Industry (AMPIMM), winners of the third edition of the Furniture Design Awards (PREDIM), who hail from some of the country’s top industrial and interior design schools, will have their projects exhibited at the event.
• Conferences and workshops. Parallel to the exhibition, MEM Industrial 2020 will be organizing a free educational program featuring keynote conferences, workshops and conversations with internationally renowned experts on relevant topics, including innovations in surfaces.
MEM Industrial (Magna ExpoMueblera Industrial) is organized by Hannover Fairs México, a subsidiary of Deutsche Messe of Germany. The event has the support of the Mexican Association of Suppliers of the Woodworking and Furniture Industry (AMPIMM), the European Federation of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers (Eumabois) and German’s Mechanical Engineering Industry Association (VDMA).
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.