Mark Kovich, a VP at cabinetry manufacturer American Woodmark, will become board chair of the National Kitchen & Bath Association, effective January 1, 2016. Kovich is VP sales and marketing at the kitchen cabinet firm's fast-growing Waypoint Living Spaces. In his career, Kovich has spent 24 years working for manufacturers of products for the kitchen and bath industry.
The NKBA 2016 board also includes:
- Neil Bailey, President – CEO, Poggenpohl North America, a unit of the Germany-based cabinetry manufacturer
- Emilee Chappell, Director of Marketing, TOTO USA Inc., unit of Japan-based plumbing fixtures
- Denise Dick, CMKBD, Owner, Signature Kitchens by Design
- Timothy Ebner, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, Perlick Corp., undercounter refrigerators
- Stephen Joseph, retired president of Dacor appliances
- Lorenzo Marquez, Vice President of Marketing, Cosentino
- Maria Stapperfenne, CMKBD, Manager, Tewksbury Kitchens & Baths, a division of Huston Lumber & Supply Co
- Chris Terrill, CEO, HomeAdvisor, home remodeling services locator
A new governance structure puts Kovich at the head of a nine person board of directors that will work with NKBA's CEO Bill Darbeing. NKBA, with 14,000 member companies, stages the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show, slated for January 19-21, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, and is part of Design & Construction Week. Held in partnership with the International Builders' Show operated by the National Association of Home Builders, other co-located events include the International Surface Event – SURFACES and The Tile Expo and The International Window Coverings Expo: VISION (IWCE).
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.