For many, the holiday season is a time for joy and celebration. However, the holidays can also be stressful, with additional costs and social expectations.
According to the American Psychological Association, 38 percent of people said their stress level increases during the holidays. In another survey by Principal Financial Group, 53 percent of people said they feel financially stressed by holiday spending. While stress may seem like a personal battle to deal with at home, it costs U.S. industries 300 billion dollars annually.
Safety experts at Magid, a national PPE manufacturer, and distributor, recognize that stress management is a growing concern for safety managers. To help the industrial workforce keep workers safe and avoid hits to their bottom line, Magid is offering free resources from its Safety Matters Resource Center.
Magid’s free resources for managing workplace stress include:
- 6 Ways to Reduce Work Stress for Safety Managers
- Tips for Recognizing and Managing Stress in the Workplace
- Recommendations for Preventing Employee Burnout
- Tips for Motivating Employees Through Tough Times
- 5 Ways to Get Workers to Accept Change
- Advice for Keeping an Open Line of Communication with Your Workers
- Trainings, Posters, and Videos to Make Your Job Easier
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.