OTTAWA, Ontario -- The Wood Manufacturing Council is accepting nominations for the 2021 Human Resource Awards through April 16.
The nationally-recognized awards honor individuals and companies for developing and implementing creative solutions and contributing to best practices in the Canada’s wood manufacturing industry.
The following awards are open for nomination:
- The WMC Award of Distinction
- The Employee Recognition Award
- The Innovation in Human Resources Award (Individual)
- The Innovation in Human Resources Award (Company)
- The WOODLINKS Success Award
- The Equity Award
- The Post-Secondary Educator Award
Nominations can be submitted by wood products companies, industry suppliers, employees and other wood industry stakeholders. The WMC also welcomes self-nominations from individuals or companies.
Nomination forms are available on the WMC’s website: wmc-cfb.ca/awards.
Recent winners of the HR Awards include:
- Stan Pauls, Décor Cabinets, HR Award of Distinction for 2020;
- Amrita Bhogal of Sunrise Kitchens, Innovation in Human Resources Award (Individual) for 2019-20;
- Amanda Gay of Planit Canada, WMC’s Employee Recognition Award recipient for 2019-20; and
- Mark Bramer of Conestoga College, WMC’s first-ever Post-Secondary Educator Award.
The WMC is a non-profit corporation that works with employers, workers, educators, professional associations and government to help implement human resources solutions that will ensure the success of the advanced wood manufacturing sector.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.