Purchasing a home or even remodeling one is a huge undertaking. And the type of home purchased or the size and scope of the remodeling often reflects what stage of life the homeowner is in.
For instance the starter home for the first time homebuyer, which often includes newlyweds or single professionals, is generally a small footprint with limited space. Then once the family starts to grow they often look for a larger home with more space and more bedrooms and more solutions for storing toys, as well as hobby and sports gear. Once the children head off to college or move out to start a family of their own, the homeowner often looks to downsize to a smaller space and create multifunctional rooms.
Each of those stages will often determine the type of storage needs for the family as well. With that in mind Gladiator GarageWorks says its product line of various storage solutions can fulfill needs in each of those four different life stages that reflect the evolution of a family: New Home Owners, Newlyweds, Expanding Families and Empty Nesters.
Here’s a look at each stage and the storage options available:
New Home Owners: Products like the Modular Gearbox and Garbage Compactor keep old items tucked away while also helping homeowners tackle the new needs of the territory – lawn care, weather gear, etc.
• The Gladiator Compactor features rugged Gladiator brand styling complete with casters for easy mobility, while delivering trash management for the garage.
• The Gladiator Charcoal Floor Tiles snap together to allow custom designs of the homeowner’s choosing. Tiles are available for under-vehicle or wall-to-wall applications and can withstand extreme temperatures from 0 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• The Premier Modular GearBox offers versatile and accessible storage for a variety of gear. The full-extension shelf has a cushioned liner and glides out on ball bearings for smooth operation. It's ideal as a freestanding solution or docked under a Gladiator Workbench.
• The Gladiator 4 ft. Adjustable Height Workbench with a maple top comes with 15 different height levels that can be adjust for added comfort in the preferred work area—whether working closer to the ground, at a seated height or in a standing position.
Newlyweds: Gladiator says its products can help newlyweds contain the clutter of merging two households (and wedding gifts) into one organized space with wall systems and all-season GearClosets.
• Gladiator’s full range of durable garage storage hooks make it easy to get gear off the floor.
• This is the shorter version of our popular heavy-duty "slat-wall" style panel system that helps you reclaim the floor by maximizing wall storage capacity and flexibility. Customize your storage space by adding these four-foot long panels to a variety of wall types. They offer unsurpassed durability in harsh garage environments, and are ideal for hanging tools, sports equipment and other everyday items.
• At two feet deep, the Premier Modular GearDrawer cabinet provides superior storage capacity over typical 18" deep cabinets. Each of the five drawers features solid metal drawer handles, rides on full-extension ball bearing slides for smooth operation and includes cushioned drawer liners. Steel-welded in the U.S.A., the Modular GearDrawer is backed by a hassle- free, lifetime limited warranty. Gladiator® Premier Modular GearDrawer is also available in Racing Red.
• This storage cabinet stands at over five feet tall and provides a partition down its middle, allowing four half-width shelves to be adjusted to accommodate various tall items such as golf clubs, lawn tools and tents. Two hooks at the top of this cabinet store clothing, life jackets and other hanging items. Front wheel casters also lock this unit into place for total stability, while rear casters swivel, offering portable organization options when you need some flexibility in your storage. Mounting option available with Gladiator Wall Systems.
Expanding Families: Whether kids are five or 15, parents need products that can support and evolve as often as their kids’ interest and make it easier to save baby keepsakes, holding sports gear and old toys.
• The Gladiator® Ball Caddy is an organizational "slam dunk." It holds up to 9 full-size basketballs in one convenient place. Mesh sides allow you to see what you're storing, while a unique system of elastic bands lets you easily grab what you need and go.
• Bike storage is made easy with the Gladiator® Horizontal Bike Hook that allows you to store your bike parallel to the wall. Its rotating arm allows you to easily pivot the bike hook against the wall so bikes are out of the when not in use. Protective vinyl tips prevent you bicycles from scratching and denting.
• Easy repositioning allows Gladiator’s 24” Mesh Basket to be easily hung on Gladiator® Wall Systems without the use of tools. This basket is great for storing athletic and sports equipment or frequently used items off the floor but within reach.
• The Gladiator® Storage Bench combines durability with versatility. With a sturdy bamboo top and a heavy-duty steel frame, this unit provides a perfect place to sit and take your shoes off in the entryway. It makes a stylish addition to any entertainment center in the living room or can easily be used as an extra piece of furniture in the home office. The dual bypass doors slide open to reveal plenty of space to store shoes or a variety of household items.
Empty Nesters: With the kids off to college and the once bustling environment of your home becoming more and more quiet, there’s nothing quite like being an empty nester. With Gladiator product, empty nesters have the power to not only tackle the piles of clutter left behind when the kids moved out, but also store away those cherished keep-sakes your saving for their first apartment, wedding and even first home. With gear like Gladiator’s Rack Shelf and GearBoxes, you’re able to safely store those precious hand me downs (while making room for your golf clubs or new sports car) and even finally have the time to kick-start that DIY project you’ve been thinking about for weeks.
• The Gladiator® Golf Caddy in Everest White organizes your golf equipment so you're ready to hit the links at a moment's notice. There's room for two oversized golf bags, plus extra storage for golf balls. The lower shelf lets you keep your golf shoes with the rest of your gear.
• Store large and bulky items on the Gladiator® Rack Shelving unit. This storage unit is fast and easy to assemble at home, and does not require tools. The welded steel frame features four metal shelves that can support up to 1,800 lbs. each, and the dual slot profile allows for additional supports and shelves.
• Steel-welded in the U.S.A., this 30" Wall GearBox features the durability and signature tread plate design of the Gladiator® Premier Series. The Wall GearBox conveniently mounts directly to bare studs and drywall or onto Gladiator® Wall Systems to provide versatility for your changing storage needs. The quality of this Wall GearBox is backed by a hassle-free, lifetime limited warranty. Gladiator® 30" Premier Wall GearBox is also available in Racing Red.
many solutions for the garage that allow consumers the ability to store and protect their belongings properly over its lifetime. With the Gladiator brand system, the garage becomes a haven not just for vehicles, but for a large variety of items that need shelter in the garage. Best of all, the versatility of Gladiator brand products allow a consumer to scale up or down or repurpose items as needed, offering a system that can transform with the consumer through every life phase.
About Gladiator® GarageWorks
Gladiator® GarageWorks offers a Premier pre-assembled line and Ready-to-Assemble line for do-it-yourselfers. Products are available through local garage dealers, retailers including Sears and Lowe’s or via www.gladiatorGW.com. For dealers, Gladiator also offers vanity URL’s – which means they can make custom landing pages for certain initiatives or activations that would take consumers directly to a landing page featuring specific products.
Gladiator is a division of Whirlpool Corporation located in Benton Harbor, Michigan. The company has approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. It markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.