Photo By Keeler Brass Company
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. - In interior design, even the smallest details can make a monumental impact on the overall aesthetic of a space. From the sleek handles adorning custom cabinetry to the subtle textures incorporated into decorative hardware, every element plays a crucial role in shaping the ambiance of a room.
At the Closets Conference Track, co-sponsored by ACSP and Hettich America L.P., Ariane Brabant, Business Development Manager, TAG Hardware, & Knikki Grantham, Creative Director, Keeler Brass Company, will take a deep dive into the latest trends shaping accessories and decorative hardware.
- Consumers have a deep desire for consistency in design elements.
- Finish consistency throughout the industry; vendors work together to stay on top of industry trends and help the industry move forward. We make the industry stronger if we speak the same language.
- How Texture Makes Its Way into Hardware
- Peach Fuzz – the Color of the Year and how it influences the way companies create their color palette and decide what gets rolled out to the market
- How texture is introduced in decorative hardware pieces.
- The importance of technology in the closet industry: Visual assets help clients connect with their very own custom space
- Size and scale for hardware in the custom cabinetry industry.
- Example: What happens when you leave the hardware sourcing decision to the customer (tiny handle on a 36-inch-wide closet section)
- 128mm, 160mm, 192mm, and up - no one is doing small hardware anymore.
- Long pulls are gaining popularity.
- Popular Design Styles - How do you choose the right hardware piece for your customer?
- Design styles that are currently very popular (Contemporary, Modern, Traditional and Transitional).
- Resurgence in traditional design
- The importance of continuous improvement
This session will occur during the 2024 Closets Conference & Expo, April 17-19 at the Schaumburg Convention Center.
The Closets Track runs concurrent with Wood Pro Track, sponsored by the CMA. In addition to this session, the Closets Track includes:
- Opening Keynote: The Psychology of Business – The Edge of Successful Business Owners, presented by Daniel Eisenbarth, results coach and business results trainer, Robbins Research International
How to Launch a Design Studio Through Collaboration
From developing business plans and leveraging industry partnerships to creating compelling content on social media, participants will learn strategies that everyone can replicate, whether with a large or small company, to help their businesses grow.
Speakers: Jenny O'Connor, Design Director, Bespoke Closets / Burke Architectural Millwork, & Lis Ritz, Designer, Inspired Closets Chicago
AI's Role in the Future of Design
Learn about the latest AI-powered tools and technologies that are transforming the interior design landscape and how you can leverage them to enhance your design process, increase efficiency, and deliver results for your clients.
The classroom portion of the conference will be followed by a tour of the showroom of Perfection Closets and Inspired Closets Chicago, sponsored by Hafele America. The full day of education concludes with a reception sponsored by the Association of Closet and Storage Professionals, Elektra and Richelieu.
View the full three-day schedule of the Closets Conference & Expo co-located with Wood Pro Expo Illinois at the Schaumburg Convention Center.
The Renaissance, which is directly connected to the convention center, is the official hotel of the three-day event. Learn more and book a room.
About the Closets Conference & Expo and Wood Pro Expo Illinois
The annual Closets Conference & Expo (CCE) is the only national event for all closet and home storage professionals. The 2024 edition is co-located with Wood Pro Expo Illinois (WPE), a regional marketplace for woodworking professionals. The events are organized by Closets & Organized Storage and FDMC magazines, respectively. Each is a distinct media brand of Woodworking Network. The twin-bill event is scheduled for April 17-19, 2024, at the Schaumburg Convention Center in Schaumburg, Ill.
CCE and WPE each kick off with a separate full-day conference on April 17, co-sponsored by the Association of Closet and Storage Professionals and Cabinet Makers Association, respectively. The two-day co-located expo, April 18-19, features woodworking machinery, supplies, and components. Additional educational programming is offered on each day of the expo. Tours of local manufacturing plants and the popular Top Shelf Design Awards networking reception are also key features of the event. View current program schedule.
For information about exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, contact Laurel Didier, exhibit sales. For all other inquiries, contact Kim Lebel, show manager.
More Woodworking Network events
Wood Pro Expo Lancaster, Oct. 24-25, 2024, Spooky Nook Sports/Warehouse at the Nook, Manheim, Pa.
Salon Industriel du Bois Ouvré (SIBO), Oct. 24-26, 2024, Centrexpo Cogeco, Drummondville, Quebec.
Woodworking Machinery & Supply Conference & Expo (WMS), Nov. 12-14, 2025, Toronto Congress Centre, Toronto, Ontario.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.