ARCHBOLD, OH — Sauder Woodworking Co., North America’s leading producer of ready-to-assemble furniture, will share the distinct inspirations behind its new products and prototypes at this year’s High Point Market, April 5-10, in High Point, N.C. Sauder’s focus is on recent trends such as hot colors like peacock blue, small-space living, industrial infusions, repurposed finishes and the rustic outdoors. These stylistic starting points are behind its four new collections and nearly 95 prototype designs.
"These new collections and prototypes help our customers define, create and curate their style over time," says Mike Lambright, director of marketing at Sauder. "Each of our customers has his or her own story, and those stories shape their design and style needs.
"This spring, we’re showcasing the inspirations and stories behind our styles — like the vibrant blue of a peacock feather, the natural charm of repurposed barn wood and the rustic elegance of the outdoors. We’re encouraging our customers to find what inspires them."
Sauder offers customers resources and products to find inspiration and define their style. With the newly launched
Expedition Design style lab, the furnish forward blog and stylish, affordable furniture, Sauder is helping customers stay on-trend while staying on-budget.
Peacock blues and small-space living
Vibrant pops of color, sleek modern shapes and bold patterns are livening up consumers’ homes across the country. Sauder offers fashion-forward looks with its new prototypes that appeal to young, urban customers with pieces that fit compact footprints for small-space living.
• Three in 10 consumers list blue as their go-to design color.1 This bright and sophisticated hue is making a big impact in prototypes in the Soft Modern Collection that feature vibrant peacock blue, modern chevron motifs and a mix of Fine Walnut and Pale Oak finishes. Line extensions include a bookcase, storage cabinet, entertainment credenza, side board, night stand, chest and dresser. Prices range from $89 to $279.
• Sauder’s Square1 Collection prototypes explore affordable style for the dorm room, first home or small apartment. Bringing the Soft Modern aesthetic to an opening price point (OPP) grab-and-go collection, Square1 prototypes integrate sleek modern design with Urban Ash finish and white accents for a four-drawer chest, organizers, two-pack cube, desk, anywhere console, TV cart, TV stand and three-piece table set. Prices range from $49 to $109.
Industrial infusions, repurposed finishes
Consumers are incorporating unique textures and finishes to reflect a sense of luxury and sophistication throughout their homes. Sauder introduces repurposed and worn finishes to enhance visual and tactile appeal, without a hefty price tag.
• Repurposed Lintel Oak finish and naturally worn textures give the Cannery Bridge Collection a Vintage Eclectic vibe. Inspired by old, weathered and worn barn wood, this collection capitalizes on the reuse, recycle, repurpose aesthetic. The Cannery Bridge Collection features a work table, storage wall and storage cabinet. Prices range from $249 to $329.
• Sauder expands its texture portfolio with the introduction of Savannah Faire Collection prototypes. The worn fabric appearance gives these casual, feminine pieces an eclectic feel. Available in Cobblestone finish with Stone Litho accents, Savannah Faire prototypes include a night stand, accent table, four-drawer chest, desk and storage chest. Prices range from $89 to $199.
Untreated finishes, natural materials and rustic motifs have become a trending décor solution for authentic style. Sauder introduces two collections that return customers to simpler times with a natural approach to finishes and motifs.
• Inspired by hand-hewn log furniture, the Boone Mountain Collection features hi-fidelity visual texture in the warm Craftsman Oak finish, complete with rounded drawers. Available pieces include a side table, coffee table and TV stand. Prices range from $99 to $199.
• Together with the Boone Mountain Collection, the Flat Creek Collection is perfect for a man cave or cabin retreat. Available in Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity pattern® , the Flat Creek wardrobe/storage cabinet and two storage cabinets create a rustic hideaway. Prices range from $109 to $269.
The new collections and prototype pieces will be available April 5-10 in Sauder’s High Point showroom at 220 Elm St., Space 218, one block west of Main Street between West Commerce Avenue and West Green Drive.
Manufactured in America’s heartland for almost 80 years, Sauder Woodworking Co. is the leading North American producer of ready-to-assemble furniture. A family run business based in Archbold, Ohio, Sauder embraces sustainability measures that reuse and recycle more than 98 percent of its solid waste materials. The company currently offers more than 30 furniture collections that enable everyone to experience the joy of affordable style. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube. Learn more at Sauder.com.
1 French D. Consumers favor blues, grays and green. Home Accents Today. Available at: Accessed March 27, 2014.
Source: Sauder Woodworking Co.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.