MINNEAPOLIS, MN - Graco Inc.’s ProMix PD2K, a positive displacement proportioner for mixing wood finishes and paints, is a finalist in the IWF 2014 Challengers Awards competition.
Having the material mixer in close proximity to the spray guns makes for a "significantly smaller" flush zone, Graco says. This translates into helping the wood finisher reduce material consumption, waste material costs and facilitate faster color changes.
According to Graco, the ProMix PD2K offers many advantages, including:
• Up to 80% reduction in flushing waste over the traditional proportioning systems;
• Limited mixed material in the system, making it well suited for short pot life materials;
• Faster color changes and less material to flush equals less waste and less downtime;
• Stalls under pressure for consistent, on-ratio results (within 1% accuracy);
• Ability to proportion both epoxy and urethane with one system;
• Manage up to 30 colors and four catalysts with two or four dosing pumps; and
• Field serviceable in less than 20 minutes with no need for factory rebuilds like gear pumps.
The ProMix PD2K, further explained in the video below, won a 2013 Visionary New Product Award at the 2013 AWFS Fair in Las Vegas.
IWF 2014 attendees can see the system in action at Graco's booth #2029 during the 2014 International Woodworking Fair at the Georgia World Congress Center, Aug. 20-23 in Atlanta.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.