These are design trends noted by Schattdecor at the recent NeoCon exhibition. Many of the newest designs at this year's NeoCon strongly mirrored much of the design team's observations abroad in both Europe and South America.
1. Individuality serves as an overall theme in commercial design as workers seek recognition and appreciation for their unique contributions in the workplace and want their space to reflect that image.
2. As many companies are now offering more flexible working hours and more work-from-home opportunities, employees are seeing added incorporation of cozy elements in the workplace. These designs offer a welcoming space for both employees and customers and maintain a professional look with relaxed and organic touches.
3. The daily use of technology coupled with raw and natural detail creates a calm balance in previously hectic environments.
4. Desks incorporate more personal storage spaces and easy conversion from sitting to standing height.
5. Woodgrains with strong contrast pores in ash and esspresso tones add a handcrafted sensibility to traditionally ambient looks.
6. Recognition of the 1970s emerge with a color palette of soft pink, terracotta orange, sage, mustard yellow and dusty blue in textiles, accessories, and surfaces. Paired with high contrast linear wood structures, these combinations give a futuristic pop to modern office decor. Furniture shapes are comprised of strong rectangles and soft circular silhouettes adding to an already eclectic mood.
7. Woodgrains still lead in surface popularity second only to matte unicolors. A shift in the importance of exclusivity has intensified the available combinations leaving the consumer with a more diverse offering. Texture is playing a larger role, getting the user to feel the surface.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.