HOLYOKE, Mass. - A fire in the wood dust removal system at Massachusetts-based Conklin Office Furniture filled two classrooms of a nearby school with pungent smoke last Friday.
 
Fire Captain Kevin Cavagnac told 22News that the motor of the dust extraction machine overheated and lit the sawdust on fire. Smoke then drifted into a nearby school.
 
Flames in the ventilation system were extinguished, and then heavy-duty fans were used to blow the smoke away from the school. No injuries were reported.
 
Conklin Office Furniture manufacturers and refurbishes office chairs, desks, cubicles, pedestals, and conference room furniture.
 
Photos by Holyoke Fire Dept.

 

Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.