HIGH POINT, N.C. — Five new members will be inducted into the American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation. The Hall of Fame Induction Celebration will be held Sunday, Oct. 23, at the Sheraton Greensboro Four Seasons in High Point, North Carolina.
Joining the current 126 members of the Hall of Fame are (pictured above, left to right): Michael Amini, chairman and CEO of AICO/Amini Innovations Corp.; Michael K. Dugan, former president and CEO of Henredon Furniture Industries; John Gabbert, founder of Room & Board; Neil Goldberg, chairman and CEO of Raymour & Flanigan Furniture; and Stephen K. Pond, founding publisher of Furniture Today.
The Induction Celebration will feature Sophia, the world’s first humanoid celebrity, as the keynote speaker for the event. Induction Celebration Hosts for the evening are interior designers Aviva Stanoff and David Santiago.
Tickets are still available to attend. “There are many reasons why people attend an Induction Celebration besides supporting a specific person. We are often told that the inductee acceptances and videos are inspiring and what they enjoy most. Others tell us that they want to hear a world-class speaker that they wouldn’t otherwise get to hear,” said Caroline Hipple, president of the Foundation's board of directors. “Whatever your reasons – and there are many – we invite you to attend as a leader and to learn more about the industry’s new home that will open in a scant six months!
The Hall of Fame is supported by sponsors of the 2022 Induction Celebration:
• Presenting Sponsor: Surya
• Welcoming Open Sponsor: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
• Speaker Sponsor: Lacquer Craft USA
• Dinner Table Sponsor: Nourison Industries
• Inductee Video Sponsor: Surya
• Cocktail Sponsor: International Market Centers
• After Party Sponsor: Klaussner Furniture Industries
• Journal Sponsor: Loloi Rugs
• Step and Repeat Sponsor: Tempur Sealy
• Leadership Institute Executive Development Sponsor: Hooke Furnishings Corporation; La-Z-Boy, Inc.
• At the Hall Sponsor: AICO/Amini Innovation Corp.
• Celebration Sponsors: Markor; Karen McNeill Pond; Rooms To Go
• Poster Sponsor: Najarian Furniture Company
• Registration Sponsor: Glen Raven
• Future Leaders Event Sponsor: International Market Centers; Liberty Furniture Industries Inc.
• Platinum Sponsors: Baer’s Furniture Company; Berkshire Hathaway Furniture Companies; Broyhill Family Foundation; Carpenter Company; Flexsteel Industries; Furniture of America; Gallery Furniture; Global Views; HM Richards; Haverty’s Furniture Company; Homelegance; J. B. Hunt Final Mile; J. P. Morgan Securities LLC; Jackson Furniture/Catnapper; King Koil; Leggett & Platt; Man Wah Holding USA; New Classic Furniture; Planned Furniture Promotions; Prestige Art & Art Trends; Revolution/STI Fabrics; Southern Motion; Springs Creative; Synchrony; TJX Companies; The Room Place; Wayfair; Bill and Julia Wittenberg; Yeh Brothers
• Gold Sponsors: Bank of America; Bedgear; Bernhardt Furniture Company; Best Home Furnishings; Chintaly Imports; City of Hope; Crown Mark Inc.; Davis Direct/Folio 21; Drew and Jonathan Home/Scott Brothers; Dufresne Canada; Furniture Marketing Group/Wells Fargo; Gat Creek; Jerome’s Furniture; Jonathan Louis Furniture; Kanes Furniture; LS Direct; Oriental Weavers; Palliser; Phillips Collection; Restonic Mattress; Richloom; Simon Li Furniture; L. & J. G. Stickley; Stressless; Synergy Home Furnishings; Vanguard Furniture; Value City Furniture/American Signature;
• Silver Sponsors: American West Worldwide Express; Chairs America; Chateau d’Ax USA Ltd.; Coconis Furniture/Mattress 1st; Connie Lineberry & Associates; Cozzia; Crestview Collection; Delta Furniture Manufacturing; Freeman Kennett Architects; FurnitureDealer.Net; HomeStretch Furniture; Lexington Home Brands; Linon Home Décor Products, Inc.; Magnussen Home Furnishings, Inc.; Nice Link Home Furnishings; Norwalk Furniture; RHF Companies; Terrace Living Company, Inc.; Tian An Green Energy Technology; Tony Valentine Construction; Uttermost; Valley National Bank; Vogue Home Furnishings; Whalen
For more information about the celebration or to purchase tickets, visit the event’s website at masterthechallenge2022.
The American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation, Inc., is an industry-wide, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded to preserve its history, to celebrate exceptional individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the U.S. home furnishings industry, and to inspire a new class of innovation and leadership.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.