Eastsound, WA, February 3, 2012 –Green Builder Media’s VISION House exhibit at INNOVENTIONS in Epcot® at the Walt Disney World® Resort is magically coming to life. Projected to open late spring in celebration of Earth Day, this experiential exhibit will educate and inform visitors on the benefits of green homes and offer sustainable living ideas that INNOVENTIONS visitors can take home to enhance their daily lives. Exponential change, after all, is the result of the incremental improvements made by individuals every day.
This is exactly what Green Builder Media, North America’s leading media company focused on sustainable living, had in mind when it launched the VISION House in INNOVENTIONS project in late 2011. “The purpose of the VISION House in INNOVENTIONS is to engender sustainable thinking,” says Green Builder Media CEO Sara Gutterman.
“By showcasing advanced green products and demonstrating a wide spectrum of cost-‐‑effective, sustainable choices, the VISION House in INNOVENTIONS provides homeowners with real solutions for contemporary green living. We anticipate that each visitor leaves the exhibit with specific ideas that can help them make their homes and lives more resource efficient and environmentally responsible.”
This week, Green Builder Media announced the addition of new product categories to the VISION House in INNOVENTIONS experience, including:
• Energy efficient windows and doors from Pella
• Hardwood flooring and cabinets from Armstrong World Industries (NYSE: AWI)
• Solar PV Modules from Hanwha Solar (NASDAQ: HSOL) Inspired by Green Builder Media’s VISION House demonstration series, the interactive exhibit will highlight the major themes of whole-‐‑home automation, energy efficiency, onsite renewable power, water conservation, indoor environment quality, security, integrated multi-‐‑generational design, and durability.
As guests tour the home, they will be educated on intelligent products and advanced technologies, such as:
• Electronic vehicle charging station by SIEMENS (NYSE: SI)
• Chevy Volt electric vehicle by GM (NYSE: GM)
• High efficiency heating and cooling systems and controls by Trane and innovative whole-‐‑home automation system and door hardware by Schlage, both brands of Ingersoll Rand (NYSE: IR)
• Durable and environmentally friendly exterior systems, including smog-‐‑eating tile roofs, cultured stone, bricks, permeable pavers, and trim by Boral
• Ventilation solutions to improve indoor air quality by Panasonic (NYSE: PC)
• Water-‐‑conserving fixtures, faucets, showerheads, and home standby generators by KOHLER
• ENERGY STAR certified home appliances by Bosch
• LED lighting solutions by SYLVANIA After visitors return home, primed with magical ideas to make their own castles more sustainable, they can extend their INNOVENTIONS experience and access ongoing information about sustainable living through Green Builder’s dynamic online, mobile, digital, and social media solutions.
About Green Builder Media
Green Builder¨ Media, LLC is the leading media company in North America focused on green building and sustainable living. With a comprehensive suite of print and digital media solutions, demonstration projects, case studies, online training, and live events, Green Builder Media assists building professionals in preparing themselves for the new green economy and helps homeowners understand how to live more sustainably. For more information about sponsorships, contact Sara Gutterman at [email protected]. For more information about Green Builder Media, visit www.greenbuildermag.com or contact Heather Wallace at [email protected].
About INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® INNOVENTIONS is located in the heart of Epcot® at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Creativity and imagination abound as guests celebrate inspiration and the innovations that improve their lives and expand their horizons. Hands-‐‑on, interactive exhibits allow children and adults to be immersed into ideas that inform, entertain and inspire. For more information about INNOVENTIONS, visit www.innoventions.disney.com.
About VISION House in INNOVENTIONS
Opening this spring, the VISION House® in INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® is a ground-‐‑breaking green show home exhibit presented by Green Builder Media® in collaboration with Walt Disney Imagineering. This experiential exhibit in the heart of Epcot® highlights the very best in green residential design and sustainable living. Visitors will leave with a greater understanding of green design, technology, and products as well as a host of sustainable living ideas that they can incorporate in their lives the minute they get home from vacation. Sponsors for this exciting project include Siemens, GM, Ingersoll Rand, Boral, Pella, Panasonic, Armstrong, Kohler and Pella.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.