HANOVER, Ontario – The Wood Manufacturing Cluster of Ontario is organizing an exclusive event for its members to tour Woodland Horizon, a custom manufacturer of cabinets, closets and commercial millwork based in Drayton, Ontario.
The members-only event, scheduled for August 31, will include a physical tour of Wood Horizon’s facility as well as a live stream tour. Woodland Horizon recently implemented a part information system.
The event is the latest in a series of WMCO’s Plant Tour Focus Groups that examine problem-solving, continuous improvement, and reducing and eliminating waste in manufacturing processes.
- The Woodland Horizon event agenda includes:
- Overview of hosts business model and best practices
- Presentation of challenge/problem to solve
- In-person and & live stream plant tour of facility and operational challenge
- Breakout discussion groups to brainstorm solutions
- Groups report suggestions and feedback to the host
- Summary comments and lessons learned
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.