The Canadian Woodworking Machinery Distributors Association released information on some of the key equipment that will be featured during Woodworking Technology Days (WTD 2021).
The Toronto-area showroom event takes place Nov. 1-Nov. 6.
According to the CWMDA, the WTD 2021 Machinery Showcase will feature a wide variety of equipment, including demonstrations of machiners making their North American debut.
Highlights of the Machinery Showcase include:
- Homag -- CENTATEQ T-300 processing center with tandem 5’ x 10’ tables, that allows for the machining of oversized and complex architectural millwork components over a 5' x 20’ working surface.
- Normand -- Cehisa Dyananic edgebander with C-Motion technology that allows the operator to program up to 18 motorized axes from the control.
- SCM -- Morbidelli X-200 nesting cell with cutting speeds up to 50m/minute can process a base and upper cabinet in under 5 minutes.
- Taurus Craco -- Giardina 420 spraying machine with two reciprocating arms is designed to spray stain, primer and finishes onto smooth or shaped surfaces.
- Akhurst -- Anderson Stratos Pro is an integrated/automatic CNC nesting router line that reduces cycle times by shortening the loading and unloading operations.
- IMA Schelling -- Novimat R3 high-production edgebander with PUR and laser system for high gloss and other modern materials.
- Biesse -- Rover A 1536 FT 5-axis, high-performance machining center for nesting operations with top-of-the-range technology.
- Holz-Her/Weinig -- Streamer 1057XL-C edgebander featuring “Visual Setting” providing easy-to-use operator guidance for each setting and unit on the machine.
- Felder -- Profit H80 machining center, with panel cutting, drilling, and milling for efficient 4.0 furniture production.
Additional details of these and other machines, plus videos, are available on the WTD 2021 Machinery Showcase page of the CWMDA's website.
In addition to machinery demonstrations, educational sessions will be held at Taurus Craco with Holz-Her, Weinig, Jowat, and Microvellum. Several WTD 2021 sponsor companies will be on hand at different participating CWMDA member showrooms, including Planit, Leitz, Rams Industries, Royce/AYR, JJS/SIA, FS Tools, and CNC Woodworking Master.
Visit the CWMDA's website to learn more.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.