Since 1978, the Woodworking Machinery Industry Association (WMIA) has represented importers and distributors of woodworking machinery and ancillary equipment in North America. WMIA is the recognized voice of importers and distributors, and serves as a vital communications link between suppliers and manufacturers of wood products in North America.
Members include companies which import and distribute industrial woodworking machinery, as well as suppliers, tooling companies, manufacturers, and those companies, educational institutions, and organizations supporting the industry. WMIA members offer equipment, technologies, and services which enable North American companies to compete profitably. The Association also helps to link equipment manufacturers with U.S. importers and distributors.
WMIA offers a diverse menu of benefits to its members, befitting their diverse needs, including:
• Discounted registration rates for the Woodworking Industry Conference, which WMIA co-sponsors with the Wood Machinery Manufacturers of America (WMMA). This “One Industry Conference” offers business development, networking, education, and the discussion of industry-wide issues. WIC 2018 will be held May 1-4, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa in Maui, HI.
• Members receive a 20 percent discount on exhibit booth space at the International Woodworking Fair (IWF), the largest woodworking machinery and supply show in North America. The next IWF show, IWF 2018, will be held August 22-25, 2018.
• The costs of operating a business can be tremendously high, and oftentimes it’s difficult to find reliable vendors to provide the services you need. WMIA offers its members discounts on programs and services that can make a difference to their company’s bottom line, its marketing and communications efforts, even employee recruitment and retention. Discounts include health, dental, vision, and prescription drug services; general business insurance; credit card processing services; website, marketing, and SEO services; and office supplies.
• WMIA sponsors the Wood Technology Industry Institute (WTII) Boot Camp, held twice each year at Pittsburg State University in Kansas. The next session will be held January 8-12, 2018. Members receive significantly discounted rates. (See page 4.)
• Whether at the Woodworking Industry Conference or an industry trade show, or virtually, WMIA provides multiple opportunities for its members to interact, share information, and discuss issues of concern to the industry.
• Through its marketing and awards programs, WMIA strives to emphasize the value that investing in new equipment and technology can have on your customers’ bottom line. The U.S. Technical Advisory Group (TAG) represents the interests of the woodworking machinery industry before the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in the development of safety standards for woodworking machines, and the Association’s National Affairs Task Force helps keep members apprised of relevant legislative action, and advocates on the industry’s behalf on the local, state, and national level.
Interested in joining WMIA? For information visit wmia.org/membership-2/join, or contact WMIA at 571-279-8340.