Wood Pro Expo Lancaster Education Program
By Bill Esler
July 12, 2017 | 3:46 pm CDT
The below information was applicable to the Wood Pro Expo education program that took place in October of 2017. Stay tuned for updated information about Wood Pro Expo 2018 in Lancaster!
All Day: Cabinet Makers Association Regional Get Together, Lancaster Host Expo Center
8:00-9:00 a.m. KA01 – Free Keynote Address: Seven Ways Woodworkers Can Improve Their Businesses, Will Sampson
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. HLT
• Hardwood Lumber Trends – Criswell Davis
Noon-1:00 pm TLNL – Lunch & Learn – Cold Weather Fabrication, Bob Schaefer, Fessenden Hall, Inc.
2:00-3:15 p.m. TSS1A
• What's In Your Spraybooth? – Bob Karmonick, Russell Plywood
3:30 – 4:45 p.m. TSS1B
• Router Template Maniac – Matt Buell, Buell Wood Design
5:00 p.m. AFA1 – Best In Wood Awards
8:00-9:00 a.m. KA02 – Free Keynote Address: Lean Management – Mike Roth, CEO, Go-Lean-Six.com
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. DPS
• Design for Production – Software Panel, moderated by Will Sampson, Editor, FDMC
Noon - 1:00 pm FLNL – Lunch & Learn - Hiring & Retaining Next Generation Woodworkers - Greg Pilotti, Greg Pilotti Furniture
2:00 - 3:15 p.m. FSS1A
• CNC Tips & Tricks – Leland Thomasset, Owner & President, Taghkanic Woodworking/Cabinet Makers Association expert
3:30 – 4:30 p.m. FSS1B
• Knot & Ore, Lancaster: An Amish furniture start-up: traditions meet industrial modern design, Steve Riehl
Wood Pro Expo will be held at the Lancaster Host Expo and Conference Center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Expo show floor registration is $20. The woodworking educational series individual sessions cost $45, and a two-day package provides admission to three sessions for $75. Keynote sessions and Best in Wood Awards are free with a $20 Expo registration.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.