MEXICO CITY - Conference sessions on CNC machines, automation, and key trends and design directions in the furniture industry will be among the highlights during the first three days of Magna Expo Mueblera. The annual trade show takes place Jan. 17-20 at the Centro Banamex in Mexico City.
Speakers and topics include:
• Jürgen Köppel, CEO of Leitz GmbH & Co. KG and president of Eumabois (European Federation of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers), will talk about the key trends currently driving the woodworking industry.
• Ingo Bathe, director International Sales, imos AG, will discuss the ways in which software is transforming the furniture industry and taking production to a whole new level.
• Edmund Mahler, sales manager for Leitz, will give a presentation on intelligent technologies, cutting tools and tool servicing in everyday work practice. He will also discuss tools for nesting and CNC processing.
• Thomas Franz, executive director at Baumer Inspection GmbH, will share his insights on how automated optical scanner systems can optimize woodworking production.
• Dennis Bieselt, CNC expert at the VDMA (German Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers’ Association), will highlight the benefits of CNC processing for woodworking firms of all sizes, particularly SMEs.
• Sepp Gmeiner, a partner at Lignum Consulting, will talk about Industry 4.0 and its impact on the woodworking industry.
• The National Council of Wood in Construction, BC Wood and the Government of Canada will host a seminar on "Design and construction of structures with Canadian wood."
• Guillermo Donatello Aguilar Rodriguez, Adhesives sales executive representing Oimsa - Operadora de la Industria del Mueble S.A., will speak about the advantages and correct use of adhesives in woodworking.
Magna Expo Mueblera is organized by Hannover Fairs Mexico, a subsidiary of Deutsche Messe, which is the producer of the LIGNA woodworking fair. The trade show consists of two parallel exhibitions: Magna Expo Mueblera Industrial and Magna Expo Mobiliario e Interiores. Magna Expo Mueblera Industrial covers machinery, tools and solutions for woodworking and wood processing, while Magna Expo Mobiliario e Interiores spotlights end products: furniture, interior decorating, household appliances and floor coverings.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.