Have a recent project you are particularly proud of? Submit it for a chance to win a Wood Diamond Award.
The Cabinet Makers Association’s Wood Diamond Award program was first offered to the membership in 2010 as a means for members to be recognized by their peers.
After the first awards ceremony was held at IWF in Atlanta that summer, the program’s results were clearly seen. Not only did this program create a means to promote excellence in woodworking and cabinetry, but the members that participated and won
awards were able to use their achievement in their local marketing program to promote their respective business in their area. This created yet another benefit to membership in the CMA.
“The CMA was founded on the principles of sharing one’s experiences and ideas with other members in an effort to promote success and professionalism in the woodworking/cabinetry business. The Wood Diamond Award program allows yet another outlet for that purpose to be fulfilled,” explained the CMA’s Interim Executive Director Amanda Conger. “As members view each other’s work and accomplishments, ideas are exchanged and the flow of information continues. As potential clients and others view the listings, they should be rest assured that all entries were provided equal grounds for participation and judging.”
Here is what past winners say about the impact of the awards on their businesses:
- “With design competition, it gives a chance to show our clients our work and become more recognizable in our industry,” stated Oleg Vasyliychuk of Symphony Kitchens (Toronto, ON).
- “We have had wonderful advertising as a result of the CMA Wood Diamond contests,” explained Scott Robeson of Scott Robeson Custom Woodworking (Lander, WY).
- “The membership and competitions have also provided recognition for our firm,” added Scott Comstock of Wood Perfect Custom Cabinetry (Forney, TX).
- “The winning entries in the Wood Diamond Awards give credibility to our craft as we approach our 30th year in business,” said Kurt Slevoksi of Premier Builders (Georgetown, MA).
- “The awards provide a way to promote our craftsmanship and products through the press releases, which help our web presence,” concluded Darryl Hogeback of Savante Wine Cellars (Denver, CO).
CMA members are encouraged to enter their project(s) in the 2016 awards program. Visit http://www.cabinetmakers.org/wood-diamond-awards.html to see past winners and access the 2016 contest submission form. The entry fee is $50 per submission and the deadline to submit entries is May 13, 2016.
The winners will be announced at the annual membership appreciation banquet at IWF on Thursday, July 25, 2016. Not a member? Join now for $275: http://www.cabinetmakers.org/membership.html
About the Cabinet Makers Association
The CMA is a professional organization where cabinetmakers and woodworkers from both the residential and commercial markets get together and share their hard earned knowledge and experience to help one another. For more information, visit www.cabinetmakers.org.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.