ATLANTA – Winners of the 2022 Design Emphasis contest were announced during the International Woodworking Fair (IWF), being held August 23-26 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Six winners were chosen out of 48 finalists.
Category winners are:
Rebbecca Juliette-Duex (Haywood Community College) for Design Creativity – Best in Show
Cam McGookey (Herron School of Art & Design) for Accent Tables
Seth Lawrence (Appalachian State University) for Case Goods
Soojung Yoo (Art Center College of Design) for Commercial/Office Furniture
Banner Knowles (Appalachian State University) for Design Creativity
Xiaorui Yin (Art Center College of Design) for Seating
Following are the IWF 2022 Design Emphasis Judges:
- Jackie Hirschhaut, VP of Public Relations & Marketing, American Home Furnishings Alliance
- Kelly Peterson, Group Advertising Director, Hearst Integrated Media
- Gat Caperton, CEO, Gat Creek
- Ethan Abramson, Owner, Ethan Abramson Furniture
- Leigh Kivowitz Spencer LEED GA, Managing Partner, Alabama Sawyer
- Cliff Spencer, Founding Partner, Alabama Sawyer
- Hoa Vo, PhD, DEC, IES, ACM, Assistant Professor, Welch School of Art and Design, Georgia State University
Sponsored by the IWF and its owners WMIA and WMMA, the Design Emphasis Student Furniture Design Competition is widely acclaimed as the foremost furniture competition for U.S. college students.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.