- The auction business continues to grow, spurred on by the end of the calendar year, companies realigning manufacturing operations, and continued pace of closures, repossessions and plant shut downs and factory sales.
Thayer & Company lists dozens of machines it reposses or acquires through auctions, and sells for banks and credits through it;s "troubled assets solutions."
Hilco and its unit Winternitz, as well as Bidspotter.com list dozens of sales, similar to this list of sales from the January line-up at IRS Auctions, York, PA. Equipment, wood inventory, centralized air vacuum systems, dust collection systems, even work in progress is for sale. Maxon Furniture, for example, sells all kinds of equipment from a single plant it is closing, in Salisbury, NC, including a Shoda HK-912 CNC router (shown).
- Woodworking equipment auction in Conover, NC: Jan. 7, 2011
- Stanley Furniture Company, Inc. closes its enormous 1,700,000 square foot furniture manufacturing facility in Stanleytown, VA. One of the largest furniture plants ever auctioned: Jan. 10-14, 2011.
- Cabinets Unlimited, Inc. closes its custom cabinet manufacturing facility in Elgin, SC.
- Howell Creations sells assets no longer required for continuing operations in Kent, WA: Jan. 18, 2011
- Maxon Furniture, Inc. closes its Salisbury, NC manufacturing facility. (Other locations will continue as usual.) Auction includes metalworking, fabricating , and woodworking equipment: Jan. 21, 2011
- Amazing Grain Woodworking, Inc. will be closing its high-end architectural woodworking facility at its Rockville, MD location. Jan. 25th
- Woodworking equipment auction in York, PA, with several locations consolidated for convenience. Jan. 28, 2011.
- Wieland Cabinet Co. Inc. closes its cabinet manufacturing facility. Jan. 24, 2011.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.