According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration, these are the top 10 most frequently cited standards following inspections of worksites by federal OSHA.
OSHA publishes this list to alert employers about these commonly cited standards so they can take steps to find and fix recognized hazards addressed in these and other standards before OSHA shows up. Far too many preventable injuries and illnesses occur in the workplace.
OSHA released this list of most frequently cited standards between Oct. 1. 2014 and Sept. 30, 2015.
1. Fall Protection - Construction
2. Hazard Communication Standard - General Industry
3. Scaffolding - Construction
4. Respiratory Protection - General Industry
5. Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout) - General Industry
6. Powered Industrial Trucks – General Industry
7. Ladders - Construction
8. Electrical, Wiring Methods, Components & Equipment - General Industry
9. Machinery & Machine Guarding - General Requirements
10. Electrical Systems Design - General Industry
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.