- Manufacturing model and organizational loops (manufacturing-to-stock (MTS), manufacturing-to-order (MTO), assembly-to-order(ATO))
- Assembly on article basis and machining on parts or component basis
- Production scheduling related to factory thru-put time and capacity planning
- Ability for different Bill of Material (BOM) rules to generate lists and data for different production reasons
- Data transfer via defined interfaces, i.e., for generating machine programs
- Data generation for internal and external logistic systems
- Definition of individual orders
- Capacity planning and capacity monitoring
- Planning of internal and external material volume
- Combining of individual customer orders for production work orders to smooth production requirements
- Release of production orders
About the authors
Georg Frey is the president of Lignum Consulting. Sepp Gmeiner is a partner at Lignum Consulting. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.