HIGH POINT, N.C. – Interior designers, entrepreneurs and television personalities Hilary Farr and Brian Patrick Flynn will host the American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation Induction Celebration on Oct. 17 during the High Point Market.
“Hilary and Brian will bring their marvelous talent and a special joie de vivre to our celebration as we are finally able to come together and honor our new inductees, whose contributions have made a unique and lasting impact on the home furnishings industry,” said Caroline Hipple, president of the Foundation board of directors and president of Norwalk Furniture.
Farr is the co-host of the long-running HGTV show Love It or List It and will star in her own show Tough Love with Hilary Farr, debuting in the fall of 2021. She founded her design/build firm, Hilary Farr Design in Toronto in 1994, and during her 13 years with Love It or List It she has completed 220 renovations. Her travels and love of art and nature also have inspired collections for Covington Fabrics and Kaleen Rugs.
Since 2015, Flynn has been the designer and co-host of two HGTV home giveaway series, HGTV Dream Home and HGTV Urban Oasis and currently stars in his own original series, Mind For Design with the Magnolia Network. An American interior designer, as well as a production designer for TV, film and print, Flynn's residential designs have been featured in or on the cover of House Beautiful, Country Living, Traditional Home, New York Cottages & Gardens, Domino, Southern Living, California Home + Design, The New York Times, and Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles.
John Mackey, co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods Market, will be the keynote speaker for the event, which will be held at the Sheraton Greensboro Four Seasons.
“We are looking forward to an inspiring, delightful and safe evening celebrating these five industry giants and their families, as well as catching up with friends and colleagues after a challenging time apart," Hipple said.
Joining the current 120 members of the Hall of Fame are (pictured left to right, starting top): Irv Blumkin, CEO, Nebraska Furniture Mart; Robert G. Culp III, co-founder, former chairman and CEO, Culp, Inc.; Robert J. Maricich, chairman and CEO, International Market Centers; Allan H. Palecek, chairman and founder, Palecek; and Todd Wanek, CEO and president, Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
To become a Foundation member, to purchase 2021 Induction Celebration tickets, or to become a sponsor in support of an inductee, visit seizethismoment2021.com.
The Hall of Fame is supported by sponsors of the 2021 Induction Celebration:
• Presenting Sponsor: La-Z-Boy Inc.
• Live Streaming Sponsor: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
• Welcoming Open Sponsor: Feizy
• Speaker Sponsor: Surya
• Dinner Table Sponsor: Nourison Industries
• Inductee Video Sponsor: Surya
• Cocktail Sponsor: International Market Centers
• After Party Sponsor: Klaussner Furniture Industries
• Celebration Sponsors: Berkshire Hathaway Furniture Companies; Man Wah Holdings; Rooms To Go
• Landmarks of Leadership Video Sponsor: Leggett & Platt Inc.
• Future Leaders Event Sponsor: International Market Centers
• Platinum Sponsors: Amazon; Broyhill Family Foundation; Dallas Market Center; Dufresne Spencer Group; Furniture Marketing Group/Wells Fargo; GE Appliances; Global Views; HomeStretch Furniture; Hooker Furnishings Corporation; Jackson Furniture/Catnapper; Jerome’s Furniture; Karen McNeill and Stephen Pond; Kathy Ireland World Wide; Loloi Rugs; Markor International/Vivet Inc.; Planned Furniture Promotions; Prestige Art & Art Trends; Rustic Imports; Samsung; Southern Motion; Tempur Sealy; and Wayfair
• Gold Sponsors: Bedgear; Bernhardt Furniture Company; Best Home Furnishings; Coaster Fine Furniture; Dorel Home Furnishings; HHC/Moto Group; Harman; Haverty Furniture Companies; J.B. Hunt; Jane Seymour Designs Inc.; Jonathan Louis International; King Koil; Malouf Sleep; Martin Furniture; Modus Furniture International; New Classic Furniture; Parker House Furniture; Peak Living; Phillips Collection; Raymour & Flanigan Furniture; Richloom Fabrics; Scotts Brothers Global; Shaw Industries; Simon Li Furniture; and Sony
• Silver Sponsors: Affordable Furniture Manufacturing; American West, Apricot Furnishings Co., Ltd.; Armen Living Furniture; Chateau d’Ax; Coconis Furniture/Mattress 1st; Décor-Rest Furniture; ES Kluft; Fine Home Ltd.; Flexsteel Industries, Inc.; Franklin Corp.; FurnitureDealer.Net; Gat Creek; Herregan Distributors, Inc.; Hickory Furniture Mart; Huntington House; LH Imports Ltd.; Lexington Home Brands; Linon Home Décor; Magnussen Home Furnishings, Inc.; Nicletti and Calia; Norwalk Furniture; Uttermost; Vogue Home Furnishings; and Woodard, Inc.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.