Clever wooden packaging from Perimeter Architects allowed a Chicago medical marijuana dispensary to save $50,000 a year.
The campaign will teach employers and employees about current occupational health and safety regulations. Currently, those regulations require employers to:
- Not allow a worker who is impaired for any reason — alcohol, drugs (including cannabis), or any other substance — to perform work activities that could endanger the worker or anyone else.
- Not allow a worker to remain at any workplace while the worker’s ability to work safely is impaired by alcohol, drugs, or any other substance.
- Make sure that their ability to work safely is not impaired by alcohol, drugs, or other causes. This means showing up fit to work and remaining so throughout the workday.
- Inform employees not to work if their impairment may endanger them, or anyone else.
- Notify their supervisor if their ability to work safely is impaired for any reason.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.