EDMONTON, Alberta -- The Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA), manager of the Red Seal Program, is accepting nominations for the CCDA Award for Excellence in Apprenticeship Education.
The award honours apprenticeship educators and training instructors who deliver innovative and top-quality instructional programming to apprentices in Red Seal trades.
To be eligible, the nominee must be a current or recent staff member of an approved technical training provider in provincial or territorial jurisdictions.
Nominees will be evaluated for their outstanding contributions to the promotion, development, and/or delivery of apprenticeship technical training in Canada in the following aspects:
- Promotes apprenticeship and trade certification as a means to a successful and productive career;
- Promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in the skilled trades and works to support and include apprentices from underrepresented groups (e.g. gender and sexual minorities, Indigenous people, racial minorities, newcomers, and people with disabilities);
- Demonstrates innovation in the development or delivery of apprenticeship technical training programs;
- Supports apprentices in their training as they strive for success;
- Supports students’ achievement towards certification and the Red Seal endorsement;
- Participates in activities that encourage, motivate and promote dedication and passion in a skilled trade;
- Serves as a role model for success for aspiring skilled tradespersons; and
- Demonstrates qualities of outstanding leadership in apprenticeship.
Special consideration is given to those with a Red Seal endorsement, but this is not a prerequisite for the award.
Nominations will be accepted until October 15, 2021.
To request a nomination form, contact the CCDA Secretariat.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.