CHICAGO - Design Chicago, the Midwest’s largest residential design conference returns to the Merchandise Mart Oct. 2 and 3. The two-day trade event will feature presentations by industry experts, CEU seminars, new product debuts, open houses, exclusive networking experiences and more.
Over the course of two days, Design Chicago will showcase over 175 feature presentations, CEU seminars, open houses and product debuts, along with newly opened showrooms ready to be explored. Program registration is now open.
“Registration to Design Chicago opens the door to exclusive presentations and CEU programs; a wide array of product debuts from our many showrooms; and networking opportunities with leadership from industry leading kitchen, bath and home furnishings brands,” said Susan McCullough, Senior Vice President at theMART. “It’s truly a can’t-miss two-day experience for trade professionals.”
Design Chicago will welcome leading interior design, architecture and luxury custom homebuilding professionals from across the Midwest, as well as coast-to-coast. All programming in the more than 120 showrooms across 600,000 square feet on theMART’s 1st, 6th and 14th floors is complimentary to trade-only professionals.
In addition, 16 media partners from coast to coast will be on hand offering their deep knowledge of the industry and years of expertise, including representatives from: Architectural Digest, Aspire Design and Home, Chicago Agent, Dering Hall, Domino, Elle Décor, Food & Wine, Galerie, House Beautiful, Interior Design, Luxe Interior + Design, Miieu, Modern Luxury Interiors Chicago, Residential Design, Sophisticated Living Chicago and Traditional Home.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019:
• Design Then and Now (Scott Group Studio, Suite 14-129) Panelists Jennifer Butler, Jennifer Butler Design; Frank Ponterio, Frank Ponterio Interior Design; Kruti Zaveri, Tom Stringer Design Partners and Sarah Montgomery, Sarah Montgomery Design; moderated by Libby Ferin, Scott Design Group
• Winning New Clients in the Age of Instagram (Broome + Greene, Suite 14-119) . Timely topic to be moderated by Laura Hine of Modern Luxury Interiors Chicago
• Our New Consumer: Understanding the Millennial Designer (Michael-Cleary, Suite 6-102) Owner of ERINN V, Erinn Valencich
• Photography & Styling that Engages (Made Goods, Suite 14-106) Panelists: Christina Samatas, Park & Oak Interior Design; Renee DiSanto, Park & Oak Interior Design; Dan Rak, Dan Rak Interior Design join Moderator Amy Sneider, ASPIRE Design and Home
• Insta-Design: A No-Filter Panel Discussion (Schumacher, Suite 6-133) Designers Shelley Johnstone, Brynn Olson, Sarah Vaile and Summer Thornton join moderator, Tori Mellot of Schumacher
Thursday, October 3, 2019:
• Re-Designing Your Life (Middleby Residential/Viking Range/La Cornue, Suite 137) Susan Brunstrum, Studio Brunstrum; Caroline Manzo, Real Housewives of New Jersey; Donna Mondi, Donna Mondi Interior Design; Kathleen Henson, Agency H5; James Dolenc and Thomas Riker of JamesThomas join co-moderators Jaime Laurita of Middleby Residential and Laura Hine, Editor in Chief of Modern Luxury Interiors Chicago
• Beyond Interiors: The Evolving Role of the Modern Designer (Experience and Design Center, Suite 108) Designer and lifestyle expert, Nathan Turner with Mayer Rus, West Coast Editor of Architectural Digest
• The Ins and Outs of Licensing (Artistic Tile, Suite 105A) Interior designer and author of Ode to Color, Lori Weitzner
• Color Mix 2020 (Sherwin-Williams, Suite 163) 45 trend colors introduced by Michael Plank of Sherwin-Williams
• Iconic House (Pella Windows and Doors, Suite 100) Claire Conroy, Editor in Chief of Residential Design; Stuart Cohen, FAIA; Julie Hacker, FAIA; Doug Farr, FAIA; and Scott Fortman, AIA
Also, Design Chicago features two exclusive and ticketed celebratory events: Opening Night Reception, Wednesday, October 2, 2019, (5:00-7:00PM) – Celebrate the first day of Design Chicago with an opening night reception at Marshall’s Landing (Floor 2, theMART). Networking with colleagues and toasting fine design will be top of mind for those in attendance. Tickets on sale soon. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.designchicagoevent.com.
Chicago VIP Luxury Gala, Thursday, October 3, 2019, (5:30-8:00PM) – Design Chicago culminates with the 11 annual Chicago VIP Luxury Gala, where a who’s who of the design industry will come together to celebrate the best of Chicago and Midwest design. The event will honor the induction of four residential design industry icons into the Merchandise Mart Hall of Fame. The 2019 Chicago VIP Luxury Gala is generously sponsored by exclusive Media Sponsor, Luxe Interiors + Design; Platinum Sponsors, Gaggenau, Thermador and Bosch; Gold Sponsors, Broome + Greene, Sherwin-Williams and Vicostone; and Silver Sponsors, House of Rohl and GABBY. Tickets are on sale now, $100/person. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.designchicagoevent.com/gala.
For more information, and to register for programming, visit www.designchicagoevent.com.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.