Not Building Your Brand? Then You Risk Extinction
By Richie DeMarco | Posted: 06/18/2013 11:11AM
Right now the economy seems to be back... All of my customers are busy no matter their market and there is more than enough work to go around.
You should congratulate yourself for making it to this point, but now is not the time to get comfortable... It’s time to double down!!
You need to focus on becoming the “Yoda” of your industry...
The guru that has all of the answers, can be trusted and knows how to use a light saber... Ok learning to use a light saber could take awhile.
If you’re not sharing content, creating fans and building your audience someone else will and is.
It might not affect you today or tomorrow, but I can promise in 5 years when you realize that it’s time to start creating your on line voice it will be too late.
Want to avoid extinction??
- Start by taking a look at your social media profiles. Are they complete and current?
- Is your content appropriate? Does your audience care that Kim Kardashian had a baby girl?
- Are you sincere? If not your audience will pick up on that right away.
- Do you share content with a smile? You have heard the expression, you can hear a smile over the phone, well you can hear a smile in your writing.
- Do you appreciate your network? Always thank your audience for listening to your thoughts and sharing your content.
Your turn - did I miss any?
What do you do to build your brand?
I help companies to be successful. If I can be of any assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author
Richie DeMarcoRichie DeMarco was declared “The Mayor of Hardware” at the 2011 Closet Expo. With nearly 15 years of experience he has moved up the ranks at Eveready Hardware and is currently the vice president. He serves on the Board of Directors for the ACSP and moderates the LinkedIn group Hardware Nation. He can be contacted at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @MayorOfHardware.