HANOVER, Ontario -- The Wood Manufacturing Cluster of Ontario will host a two-topic online network event devoted to recruiting and retaining talent and cybersecurity strategies.
The program, open to WMCO members and non-members, is scheduled for 11:55 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Thursday, June 17.
The Struggle for Talent: Attracting, Engaging & Retaining will provide participants with best practices and strategies for addressing recruitment and retention challenges in the manufacturing sector.
The session will be led by Julie Ruben Rodney, founder and CEO, and Estrella Frias, partner and talent leader of MaxPeople, a company specializing in human resources issues.
- The impact of COVID-19 on recruitment;
- Key considerations for effectively attracting talent; and
- The new realities of engaging and retaining talent.
Cybersecurity Increased Threats: Strategies to Manage will be presented by Erez Zevulunov, CEO of M.I.T. Consulting. He will discuss securing operations from online hackers. The session will include:
- The pillars of security: defence, planning, and recovery;
- End-point protection; and
- Business continuity planning.
The event will also allow time for open networking among participants on the Wonder.me platform.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.