CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – A North Carolina-based forestry management company is looking to raise $350 million, according to a filing with the SEC.
Heartwood Forestland REIT III LLC, which formed earlier this year, has already raised $85 million, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
A minimum investment from outside investors that would be accepted is $250,000, according to the SEC filing.
Heartwood Forestland REIT III LLC falls under Forestland Group LLC, which was formed in 1995, according to Triangle Business Journal. The company website says it is a management organization which “emphasizes naturally regenerating hardwood and some softwood forests. TFG currently manages approximately 3.6 million acres in 24 U.S. states as well as in Belize, Canada, Costa Rica and Panama.”
According to its website TFG targets timberland with the following characteristics:
- Natural stands of upland hardwoods, bottomland hardwoods, southern pines, mixed pine- hardwood, and northern conifers.
- Growing within the Eastern United States, with selective opportunities in Canada and Central America.
- Generally, tracts of 2,000 acres and larger.
- Located in areas with currently active or growing timber markets.
- Well-stocked stands on productive sites with reasonable operating conditions.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.