Wood Resources International and the Western Forestry and Conservation Association are organizing a conference on January 28, 2015 titled “Mapping the Course – Timberlands, Forest Products Processing and Energy Issues for 2015.”
The conference will be held at the Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, WA, located close to the Portland, OR airport.
This one-day conference features in-depth discussions and analysis on forest products market challenges, opportunities, threats and issues in Western North America for 2014 and beyond. Industry experts and analysts from the U.S. and Canada will address topics such as:
- Strategic issues for timberland owners in 2015.
- Where will the wood come from? Timber supply in the US Northwest and beyond.
- British Columbia wood supply and demand in 2015.
- Perspectives from the paper, lumber and biomass sectors in Western North America.
- Evolving lumber economics and wood quality in British Columbia.
- The US Northwest hardwood industry.
- Forest products ocean freight and port update.
- Sustainability and certification influences on the forest products sector.
- Navigating the export landscape: China in 2015 and beyond.
- Global market drivers affecting Western US and Western Canada
For the full program and to register, please go to the Western Forest Industry Conference 2015.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.