Tired of lost production time while machine operators search for the necessary boards for the job? Here are five benefits of intelligent storage and retrieval systems for woodworking operations.
1. Tracks inventory 24/7: suppliers, off-cuts, etc.
2. Increases productivity: organizes boards for next day’s production.
3. Loads new inventory boards during off shift.
4. Verifies colors, types, size, weight.
5. Allows for priorities of board storage to be changed based on frequency of use.
Source: Ken McFadden, product manager, Laminating & Material Handling, Stiles Machinery. For information, visit StilesMachinery.com or call (616) 698-7500.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.