A record number of casual hobbyists, D.I.Y. devotees, and experienced craftsmen came out of the woodwork to learn from national woodworking celebrities, test drive the latest tools, network with local woodworkers, and learn the latest tricks of the trade during the Fall 2010 season of The Woodworking & D.I.Y Shows. The first seven shows of the 21-show season for the nation’s largest woodworking events saw significant increases in attendance at each Show, with gains as high as 13 percent.
The Woodworking & D.I.Y Shows will continue to bring the culture of woodworking to cities across the country in its Spring 2011 season. Beginning in January, the Shows will set up shop in 13 cities, and will host its 10 largest Shows of the year.
The Spring 2011 Woodworking & D.I.Y Shows will be held:
* January 7-9, 2011: Baltimore: Maryland State Fairgrounds (Timonium, MD)
* January 14-16, 2011: New England: Eastern States Exposition (West Springfield, MA)
* January 21-23, 2011: Indianapolis: Indiana State Fairgrounds (Indianapolis, IN)
* January 28-30, 2011: Kansas City: Overland Park Int’l Trade Center (Overland Park, KS)
* February 4-6, 2011: Columbus: Ohio Expo Center (Columbus, OH)
* February 11-13, 2011: St. Louis: Gateway Center (Collinsville, IL)
* February 18-20, 2011: Milwaukee: Wisconsin Expo Center (West Allis, WI)
* February 25-27, 2011: Somerset: Garden State Exhibit Center (Somerset, NJ)
* March 4-6, 2011: Atlanta: North Atlanta Trade Center (Norcross, GA)
* March 11-13, 2011: Chantilly: Dulles Expo Center (Chantilly, VA)
* March 18-20, 2011: Tampa: Florida State Fair (North Tampa, FL)
* March 25-27, 2011: Charlotte: The Park (Charlotte, NC)
* April 1-3, 2011: Houston: Leonard E. Merrell Center (Katy, TX)
The Woodworking & D.I.Y Shows have long been known as the definitive destination for the latest tools and information for casual hobbyists and experts alike to tackle at-home projects with confidence. Sawdust will blanket the floor, wood shavings will soar, and buzz saws will whir during the Shows’ non-stop hands-on demonstrations and seminars with sought-after woodworking celebrities, including:
* Expert Advice: Woodworking celebrities and master craftsmen will share decades of skill, practice, and trade secrets during interactive seminars. Presenters include Jim Heavey, Peter Gedrys, Roland Johnson, Bob Settich, Alex Snodgrass, Graham Blackburn, and Richard Wedler, as well special guests at select Shows.
* Local Guilds Share Their Skill: Members of local woodworking guilds will display their handcrafted works, lead informal Strolling Seminars covering woodworking basics, and host live demonstrations.
* Try the Tools: National manufacturers including Bosch, Kreg, Lee Valley & Veritas, Carter Products, Milescraft, Woodline USA, Stanley-Black & Decker, Bad Dog Tools, and many more will unveil their newest tools and products for drilling, cutting, planing, routing, and more.
* Logs to Lumber with the Wood Mizer: Visitors will see what happens when the massive Wood Mizer sinks its teeth into raw wood - ripping down a log into valuable, usable lumber.
* ShowOFF Showcase: Woodworkers and craftspeople of all experience levels can enter the ShowOff Showcase to feature their best work for the chance to win Bosch Tools.
Tickets to The Woodworking & D.I.Y Shows are $10 for adults and free for children under 15 years old.
SOURCE: Woodworking and D.I.Y. Shows
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.