Tolland, CT – Mastercam X5 MU1 offers expanded machining flexibility and an increased emphasis on speed and automation. This Maintenance update is available at no charge to all current Mastercam Maintenance customers.
Here are some of the most significant highlights and new functionality in Mastercam X5 Router MU1:
• Drag and drop parts from one sheet to another during geometry or toolpath nesting
• Output block drilling parameters for easy use on setup sheets and with certain point-to-point routers
• Enhanced gouge checking and containment options for 3D high speed toolpaths
• Improved Curve 5-axis and Swarf 5-axis cutting, allowing overlap
• Faster tree-style dialog performance
• Updated file translators for ACIS, CATIA, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Unigraphics, and Rhino
• Easier surface curve selection and solid layout functions
• New option to import STL files as lines or STL mesh
For more information on the Router MU1 release, please contact your local Mastercam Reseller.
Developed by CNC Software, Inc., Mastercam is Windows®-based CAD/CAM software for 2- through 5-axis routing, milling and turning, 2- and 4-axis wire EDM, 2D and 3D design, surface and solid modeling, and artistic relief cutting. CNC Software is a privately owned corporation founded in 1984. The U.S.-based company provides Mastercam CAD/CAM solutions to more than 150,000 installations in 75 countries in industries including mold-making, prototyping, automotive, medical, aerospace, and consumer products. Mastercam runs under Windows 7, Windows Vista®, and Windows XP, and is compatible with all other CAD/CAM systems. For more information about CNC Software, Inc. and its Mastercam family of products, contact CNC Software, Inc., M - F, 8 AM - 6 PM EST at (800) 228-2877 or (860) 875-5006,—671 Old Post Road, Tolland, CT 06084. Or visit www.mastercam.com.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.