HACKETTSTOWN, NJ - The National Kitchen & Bath Association today announced the ten winners of the 2010/2011 NKBA Student Design Competition, which offers more than $13,000 in scholarships and prizes. The winners will be awarded at the NKBA Design Competition Awards event on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) held at the Las Vegas Convention Center. This prominent industry event will also recognize the professional designers who created the best kitchens and baths of the past year. The event is an exclusive event available only to the press, top designers, and select industry insiders.
Sponsored by Sub-Zero and Wolf, as well as Waypoint Living Spaces, a division and trademark of American Woodmark Corporation, the 2010/2011 NKBA Student Design Competition, received more than 320 entries from students at colleges and universities across North America. For the first time ever, this year’s competition challenged entrants to design a condominium unit in a high-rise building situated on Lake Michigan in downtown Chicago. The students’ designs offer insight into fresh design trends generated by the up-and-coming generation of professional designers. The following ten students were selected for their designs, as winners in the 2010/2011 NKBA Student Design Competition.
* 1st Place: Mary Anne Jarrell, Seminole State College
* 2nd Place: Elaine Treadwell, Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Online
* 3rd Place: Bettina Rasmussen, Portland Community College – Sylvania
* Honorable Mention: Virginia Lewis, West Valley College
* Honorable Mention: Rebecca Butikofer, Brigham Young University – Idaho
* 1st Place: Alexis Cannariato, Brigham Young University – Idaho
* 2nd Place: Kimberly A. Fetzer, Brigham Young University – Idaho
* 3rd Place: Elizabeth Enberg, St. Louis Community College
* Honorable Mention: Elaine Treadwell, Art Institute of Pittsburg – Online
* Honorable Mention: Jennifer McKell, Brigham Young University – Idaho
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.