(LAS VEGAS) - The National Kitchen & Bath Association's (NKBA) 48th annual Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) will be taking place at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 26 to 28, 2011, showcasing the best and latest products in the kitchen and bath industry. With approximately 500 manufacturers slated to participate, some of the most unique appliances and technology in the marketplace will be displayed including the latest in cooktops, refrigerators, dishwashers, and more.
The NKBA recently researched and released their "Top 11 Kitchen & Bath Trends for 2011"which noted the following new trends relating specifically to the appliances category:
* Bonjour Réfrigérateur: The French door refrigerator has strengthened its position as the type specified most often by kitchen designers, easily beating out freezer-bottom and side-by-side models, the next two most popular options. Among smaller units, refrigerator and freezer drawers continue to be used by about a third of designers, about the same amount as undercounter wine refrigerators, which have been on the decline recently.
* Inducting a New Cooktop: Induction cooktops haven't overtaken gas and electric models, but they're closing the gap. Gas cooktops are specified by about two thirds of NKBA designers, but that's down from about three quarters a year ago. Meanwhile, electric cooktops have become slightly more popular, used by about 40% of designers. Energy-efficient induction cooktops, which just last year were used by about a quarter of designers, are now used by more than a third.
At KBIS, top appliance makers including Danver, Panasonic, FiveStar, Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet, True Professional and hundreds more will unveil their latest signature products, setting an industry standard with incredible design, technology, and operational ease. Below is a highlight of some featured appliances that participants will discover while walking through the show floor this April (photography available for media use):
* DANVER (BOOTH #C5489): Turn that dream into a reality by transforming the outdoors into your private entertainment center putting the spotlight on your kitchen space. Danver is a leader in stainless steel outdoor kitchens that custom fit for any manufacturer's grills and outdoor spaces. For unmatched beauty, unrivaled durability and uncommon adaptability, stainless steel cabinetry is the premier choice of architects, kitchen dealers and designers, contractors and builders. Outdoor and indoor kitchens of flawless stainless steel are grace notes to homes of distinction. Stainless steel cabinets serve commercial restaurants and differentiate outdoor eating venues.
* EARTHSTONE OVENS (BOOTH #C6519): EarthStone's contemporary, pre-assembled wood-burning ovens are cast from high quality refractory material with 80% alumina content. The hearth floor tiles "Pierre de Boulanger" are industrial baking stones which are designed to create an exceptionally, long-wearing floor surface. EarthStone's insulation methods increase the heat reserve capacity of the units resulting is an oven that is extremely fuel efficient without temperature fluctuations. Additionally, the oven walls are cast twice as thick as other oven manufactures. Unlike conventional gas or electric ovens, wood-burning ovens achieve a combination of roasting, baking, barbecue and smoking techniques that work wonders with a wide range of food.
* FIVESTAR (BOOTH #C4021): FiveStar Range is a Division of Brown Stove Works, Inc., a manufacturing company founded in 1935 in Cleveland, Tennessee. FiveStar makes and provides a wide variety of products from freestanding ranges and cooktops to ventilation accessories. An appliance that will be showcased at KBIS is The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle/Grill which allows for even heat distribution of pre-seasoned cast iron that's in the easy and convenient form of a built-in cooktop griddle/grill. Chefs of professional and home calibers alike can use the grill's extra-wide ridges to provide perfect sear marks and flawlessly cook meats, fish and poultry, then flip easily to the smooth-sided griddle for quick snacks and short-order favorites. Want to see the FiveStar Griddle/Grille in action at KBIS 2011? Celebrity Chef Rick Bayless will be demonstrating FiveStar appliances at the FiveStar booth this year.
* KALAMAZOO OUTDOOR GOURMET (BOOTH #C7018): Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet builds outdoor kitchen equipment including Hybrid Fire Grills - invented by the company. To this day there is no other grill that so seamlessly combines the capabilities of a gas grill and a charcoal grill. Kalamazoo Dragon Burners deliver over 115 BTUs of grilling power to each square inch of primary grilling area, making them seriously capable gas grills. For gas grilling, simply fire up the grill while for charcoal or wood grilling, place some charcoal or wood in the drawers. The burners can be used to quickly and easily start the fire and then can be turned off or they can be used throughout cooking to provide heat while the wood lends all the flavor of an open fire. The grills can be built in or free standing and can be built with customized cooking surfaces, accessories and more.
* PANASONIC (BOOTH #C3820): Panasonic Home & Environment Company's initial products include the company's sought-after line of ventilation fans. Panasonic's "Whisper Green" ventilation fan line combines energy efficiency, quiet operation and advanced technology to deliver unparalleled performance. Whisper Green Energy Star rated exhaust fans come with a light, and incorporate highly energy efficient DC motors. These models feature variable 2-speed and delay timer controls built-in or as a single speed fan; a motion sensor model is also available. The light fixture includes one Energy Star rated 32-Watt compact fluorescent bulb and one 4-Watt night-light. Whisper Green models are ideal exhaust fans to comply with Green building standards. The company looks to serve as a portal to the home builder and renovator market for other Panasonic products, to include audio-video entertainment systems, telephone key systems, and others.
* TRUE PROFESSIONAL (BOOTH #C5037): Located in O'Fallon, Missouri, True, the leading manufacturer of commercial refrigeration equipment, brings over 60 years of study, field observation and laboratory testing to refrigeration. New at True is The True Beverage Dispenser, which gives you the perfect serve. It's ideal for the beer connoisseur or for those who love to entertain. The patented airflow technology delivers a frosty beverage while the digital control panel allows for easy monitoring. The True Beverage Dispenser is Energy Star qualified and the interior is made of commercial grade stainless steel. At KBIS, True Manufacturing will be showcasing their new ultra premium line of residential under-the-counter refrigeration products in addition to The True Beverage Dispenser.
About National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA)
The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) is a nonprofit trade association and owner of KBIS. With nearly 40,000 members, the NKBA has educated and led the kitchen and bath industry for more than 46 years. The mission of the NKBA is to enhance member success and excellence, promote professionalism and ethical business practices, and provide leadership and direction for the kitchen and bath industry worldwide. NKBA members span 11 kitchen and bath industry segments, including builder/remodeler, cabinet shop, dealer, distributor, decorative plumbing and hardware, designer, fabricator, multi-branch retailer, installer, manufacturer and manufacturer's representative, many of whom attend or exhibit at KBIS each year.
About Kitchen and Bath Business (K+BB)
K+BB magazine, published by the Nielsen Company, reaches 34,000 interior designers, architects, kitchen design specialists, custom builders and remodelers each month. This magazine blends exclusive features on cutting-edge business developments, installations and industry personalities with solid market research. K+BB was the first magazine to recognize and serve this industry, and continues to provide progressive and insightful coverage of the industry's products, trends, and services, with a sophisticated visual style befitting a design-oriented readership.
SOURCE: National Kitchen & Bath Assn.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.