FARMINGDALE, N.Y. & ATLANTA--Amana Tool, manufacturers of industrial-quality carbide-tipped, solid carbide and replacement carbide cutting tools, today announced the company is showcasing its cutting tools during the International Woodworking Fair (IWF) in Atlanta. Visitors to Amana’s booth (#6873) at IWF, which runs from August 25 to 28 at the Georgia World Congress Center, can get a first-hand look at the latest additions to the company’s product line that tackle a variety of cutting challenges in materials ranging from solid wood and MDF to plastics and laminates.
Products on display at the Amana IWF booth include:
* Non-melt saw blades (item # LB10801) are made with special-application steel blades to produce less heat, eliminate “chip-welding,” or melting of materials, and produce crisp, clean cuts in acrylics such as Plexiglas® and Lucite®, polycarbonates such as Lexan® and other plastics.
* The In-Groove™ CNC insert engraving system (item AMS-209), an 8-piece set of the most popular In-Groove router profiles, includes industrial-quality knife shape inserts that can quickly and easily be interchanged for a variety of applications in laminated materials, veneers, MDF, plastics, wood and solid surface.
* Spiral “O” flute router bits (items #51404 – plastic and #51402 – aluminum) are made of solid carbide with a mirror finish and are specially-designed for smooth, clean cutting of aluminum and plastic materials.
* E-Z Change replaceable head router bits (item #47174) feature essentially disposable carbide-tipped cutters mounted on alloy steel arbors, enabling users to quickly and easily change cutter heads without the need to replace an entire router bit or sharpen the cutting edges.
* Mamba™ saw blades (item #MA8560) feature a thin-kerf design that requires less horse power and reduces stock, making them ideal for contracting applications in decking, framing, ripping and finishing with wood materials, as well as projects with non-ferrous metals, plastics and PVC.
“We look forward to spending time with our customers and peers during IWF to explore emerging technologies and innovations in the woodworking industry,” said Frank Misiti, Amana Tool technical director. “Amana has incorporated a number of those advancements in the wide range of products we’ve introduced recently, which furthers our commitment to providing innovative, affordable cutting solutions with the high quality that customers have come to expect.”
Representatives will be available at the Amana booth to answer questions and discuss featured products. For more information on IWF, visit http://www.iwfatlanta.com/.
About Amana Tool
An industry leader for more than 35 years, Amana Tool specializes in solid carbide, replacement carbide and carbide-tipped cutting tools for the woodworking, plastics and aluminum industries. Amana Tool’s full line of industrial-quality woodworking tools includes saw blades, router bits, shaping cutters, boring bits and more for wood, plastics and aluminum. The company was founded in 1972 and has corporate headquarters in Farmingdale, N.Y. and a West Coast distribution center in El Cajon, Calif. For a complete listing of Amana Tool’s products, visit www.amanatool.com.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.