HOUSTON--Today Quanex Building Products Corporation, a company specializing in components and systems that produce innovative and energy efficient window and door products, announces its debut at the 2011 International Builders’ Show (IBS), booth W143, January 12-15, in Orlando.
At IBS 2011, the Quanex family of brands, Homeshield, Mikron and Truseal, will show superior performance window and door systems that enable builders and remodelers to specify the best value in energy efficient products and deliver tested-tough durability and attractive styling.
“Quanex Building Products develops world-class technologies that integrate components and systems, delivering more energy efficient and cost-effective windows and doors for builders and remodelers,” said Gus Coppola, senior vice present of Quanex Building Products. “Our family of brands takes a wider systems approach, in addition to our focused component perspective, and that viewpoint has yielded exciting, new, high-performance products.”
Engineering better window and door systems
On display at IBS 2011 are a wide range of window and door systems and components for mixed-use and residential applications; all delivering superior performance and easy installation.
Quanex is showing the MikronWood™ brand sliding patio door (in-swing available) and double hung window.
* MikronWood provides the beauty of wood with the weather-resistant, no-maintenance advantages of a composite; and it is a more thermally efficient material than wood or fiberglass.
* MikronWood windows and doors offer superior resistance to thermal conductivity with K-Values (a measure of heat transfer) that are 63 percent better than wood and 83 percent better than fiberglass.
Quanex is demonstrating Duralite™ brand insulating glass spacer technology integrated into a super-efficient EnergyCore™ window frame.
* Duralite offers a new level of performance for windows, reducing thermal conductivity by up to 45 percent.
* This performance is achieved by eliminating metal and replacing over 60 percent of the spacer profile with air space. This patented combination results in the most energy efficient vinyl window on the market.
* When combined with the EnergyCore high-performance vinyl, air-cell infused window frame, they deliver an R-5 triple pane window using a 1 and 1/8” insulating glass profile.
And finally, Quanex’s door component technology company, Homeshield, is showing its ImperiClad™ moisture-impervious door frame system.
* New to IBS audiences, ImperiClad is a complete door system that includes a unique water-shedding threshold with an energy efficient weather stripped jam made from the groundbreaking hybrid composite, MikronWood.
* The ImperiClad system is easy to install and delivers a performance level that can eliminate costly customer ‘call-back’ services.
* With superior thermal energy efficiency, the ImperiClad door system can help reduce energy loss through the door framing, thus saving resources and reducing carbon emissions.
About Quanex Building Products
Quanex Building Products Corporation is an industry-leading manufacturer of value-added, engineered materials and components, serving the energy efficient building products markets. It is an ROIC-driven company that grows shareholder returns through a combination of organic growth via new products, programs and strategic acquisitions.
SOURCE: Quanex Building Products
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.