All AWFS members will once again receive a 10% discount on any of the 46 AWFS®Fair College of Woodworking Knowledge (CWWK) educational seminars, July 20-23 in Las Vegas.
Sessions range from one and a half hour presentations and two-hour panels to three-and four-hour lecture/demos and an all-day Lean manufacturing workshop. Seminars include the popular SMART programs (Special Machinery and Relevant Technology) that take place on the exhibit floor before the show opens in the morning. The SMARTs focus on technical information, new technology and machine processes.
To take advantage of the CWWK seminar discount when registering online, members must fill in their association name and Code. The Code Number for AWFS is AWFS32.
Also, don’t miss these other show events:
* A new education track debuts at the 2011 show. Shops Ten and Under features topics specific to shops with ten or less employees.
* The Green Desk – Back in 2011, this is an Ask-the-Expert, drop by counter where you can ask questions related to sustainable programs, green building certifications, achieving LEED credits and more. The desk will be hosted throughout the show by environmental organizations and trade associations with sustainability programs.
* The smartSHOP – An exhibit hall attraction demonstrating “Simplicity in Automation for the Small Shop,” throughout the course of the show, led by industry expert, Gero Sassenberg and others.
* World Skills Cabinetmaking qualifying event taking place at the AWFS Fair for the first time – watch two SkillsUSA national medal-winning cabinetmaking students compete for 21 hours for the opportunity to participate in World Skills 2013 in Leipzig, Germany.
* The Fresh Wood student woodworking competition –always a crowd pleaser with lots of wood eye candy.
* The Furniture Society convenes its 2011 annual conference in conjunction with the AWFSFair. Stop by their booth to see member works and look for TFS-related activities.
* Cabinet Makers Association hosts a networking event open to all attendees with time for meeting and chatting as well as some serious problem solving.
* The Belt Sander Races are back and a great way to unwind at the end of a foot-weary trade show day!
Don’t miss out on the chance to save while you learn at the 2011 AWFS®Fair!
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.