Detailed craftsmanship, purposeful storage solutions and a contemporary design aesthetic combine to create the perfect waterside getaway. Oceanside, Wood-Mode’s latest lifestyle concept, combines linear design with hidden functionality. Whether located in a golf course condo or waterfront property, this new lifestyle theme is a testament to Wood-Mode’s range of style and products, understanding of fashion-forward design and responsiveness to current market needs.
Oceanside, with its streamlined, contemporary bent, features hidden storage solutions, subtle color choice, contrasting surfaces and the quality craftsmanship customary of Wood-Mode, the nation’s largest manufacturer of luxury custom cabinetry. The result is a hyper-functional kitchen with an aesthetic easily incorporated into a variety of style and adjacent living areas.
- Dual Maple Islands featuring Linear Recessed door style in Aqua Shade, part of Wood-Mode’s line of Designer Opaque finishes
- A full kitchen storage wall in Vanguard Backpainted Glass in Bronze
- Neolith, ultra-thin glazed porcelain countertops by Spanish company, The Size
- Grothouse Lumber countertops serve as island end caps and counter for bar seating
Purposeful Design Requires Innovative Storage: With unobstructed views and an open floor plan, very few wall cabinets are incorporated in the Oceanside design. Wood-Mode designers incorporated creative storage solutions such as pullout drawers disguised as cabinets, 84” pullout towers and 18” of seasonal storage cabinets above.
Additional features include:
- Cutlery Drawer – Standard divider with Legra metal drawer body system
- Knife Drawer – Safer and more protective system for blades
- Dish Drawer – Integrated detachable carrier that can be taken directly to the table
- Deep Divided Drawer – For taller items such as wine decanters
- Spice Drawer – Jars are oriented upward for easy, quick identification
- Glass Drawer – A patented system unique to Wood-Mode, this glass storage system with adjustable metal organizing rods keeps glasses from bumping into each other
- Servo-Drive – An electrical support for lift systems, it allows cabinet doors to power open and closed with just a light touch
- Plate Drawer – Modular, movable pegs allow for custom storage to fit daily ware
Sophisticated Entertainment: Adjacent to the kitchen is a transitional entertainment area to welcome guests for hors d’oeuvres or after-dinner drinks and conversation. The cabinetry features Whitney Recessed door style in walnut, finished in Matte Winter Sky. Amenities include wine cooler, beverage center, built-in coffee maker and a warming drawer for coffee cups.
Unique Surfaces Perform in Harmony: Contrasting countertop surfaces add additional appeal. Grothouse Lumber countertops made of reclaimed Saxon wood are used in contrast to the ultra-thin porcelain in the main kitchen. The integrated bar, also from Grothouse Lumber, is made of cherry and features a living edge bringing together natural tones into an otherwise modern, contemporary space.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.