Vancouver, WA – Next Wave Automation has just announced its latest automated product innovation, Ready2Lift, a motorized router lift which provides, with the touch of a button, easy and accurate router bit height positions. Router bit height accuracy is critical in joinery and other applications where users typically spend more time in set-up than they do in actual execution. Ready2Lift users benefit from accuracy within .001 of an inch by simply installing the bit, zeroing it out, and dialing in the desired height. Up to twelve commonly used bit heights can be stored which speeds up production and accuracy.
Ready2Lift can also be used and integrated with the Ready2Rout automated fence which was unveiled in late 2013. Ready2Rout is the industry’s first computer controlled, motorized router table fence; it allows users to calibrate fence position and perform joinery applications with the touch of a few buttons. Both Ready2Lift and Ready2Rout mark the beginning of the “smart” era for router tables and router table applications such as biscuit slots, box joints, dadoes, dovetails, flutes, key holes, pocket holes, step & plunge, step & repeat, and tongue & groove.
Ready2Lift is a 2014 Challengers Award® FINALIST! See it and other new products from Next Wave Automation at the International Woodworking Fair, IWF, in
“Woodworkers no longer have to deal with the frustration and complexity of different types of joinery jigs. With Ready2Lift and Ready2Rout, they can press a few buttons and begin producing quality Box Joints, Dovetails and many more complex and decorative joints” says Next Wave Automation founder and president, Tim Owens. “With a simple touch of the LCD screen, Ready2Lift moves the bit in relation to the table top, while Ready2Rout moves the fence in relation to the bit.”
Ready2Lift and Ready2Rout Features:
- Easy to use with simple intuitive Graphical User Interface via the LCD touch screen
- Touch plate allows the user to calibrate the fence position and bit height quickly and easily
- Current Apps include biscuit slots, box joints, dadoes, dovetails, flutes, key holes, pocket holes, step & plunge, step & repeat, and tongue & groove
- Displays current positions in decimal inches, fractional inches, or Metric mm and configurable jog function allows user to manually adjust the position to the nearest 1/1000”, 1/100”, 1/32”, 1/16”, 1/10”, 1/8”, 1/4”, 1/2” inch or 0.1, 0.5, 1, 5, 10, 20 mm’s
- Easily combine decimal and fractional calculations, providing users to specify, for example, a 1/4-inch bit to rout a 12mm dado
- Automatically move to an exact position using the graphical numeric keypad with calculator
- Firmware updates and additional Apps are easily loaded via USB port
- Extensive setup screen to customize your R2R such as bit diameter, audio & brightness levels, motor speeds, etc.
- Up to 12 user memories can be stored and recalled for fence position and 12 for lift height,
including a “bit changing” height
- High precision lead screws move to desired positions
- Accurate and repeatable results to within 0.001-inch
SEE A VIDEO demo at http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=87
About Next Wave Automation
Founded in 2006 by president and CEO Tim Owens and based in Holland, OH, Next Wave Automation is a U.S. manufacturer of affordable CNC routing equipment and automated machinery for professional woodworkers and woodworking hobbyists of all levels. With core company values of customer service and technological scalability, Next Wave Automation is at the forefront of small shop automation and incorporates versatile compatibility between components and products whenever possible. For more information about Next Wave Automation, go to www.nextwaveautomation.com or
call (419) 318-4822
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.