LAS VEGAS -- Heading into the biggest sports event this year, a recent survey of sports fans by Gladiator® GarageWorks has uncovered some super stats about how fans showcase their team pride.
"Two thirds of sports fans say that they display team memorabilia somewhere in their home," said Josh Gitlin, General Manager, Gladiator® GarageWorks. "For fans that want to showcase team pride with their own team locker, the launch of new PrimeTime™ Lockers gives them that opportunity."
It's no surprise that sports enthusiasts have a desire to show off their team pride. In fact, the survey found that male sports fans spend more on fandom than women, spending on average $768 per year on tickets, apparel or memorabilia vs. women (who spend $486 on average).
"Fans can easily put their team loyalty on display with these lockers, whether it's in the garage, game room, den, bedroom or home gym," said Karl Champley, DIY expert and master builder. "Having their own team locker is a great solution for getting gear off the floor and showcasing the ultimate pride."
The six-foot-high welded steel storage locker in school colors showcases the officially licensed logo of favorite college teams, including national college football champion Ohio State University, Michigan State University, Notre Dame, Alabama and others. Other features include a three-digit combination lock for added security and a lifetime limited warranty.
"These lockers are great as standalone storage or combining with a Gladiator system to create a dedicated sports-themed storage area," said Gitlin.
PrimeTime™ Lockers are available with the following schools, with more available in the future:
• University of Alabama • Notre Dame
• University of Arkansas • University of Oklahoma
• Auburn University • Penn State
• University of Florida • University of South Carolina
• University of Georgia • University of Texas
• University of Kentucky • Texas A&M
• Michigan State University • University of Wisconsin
• University of Nebraska • Ohio State University
Other interesting stats from the survey include:
• 69 percent of sports fans surveyed say they have at least one game day tradition
• 53 percent of those surveyed said they were "big fans" of professional football, followed by 32 percent for college football and 23 percent for baseball
• 26 percent of sports fans surveyed display sports memorabilia in the living room, 10 percent display it in the garage and eight percent display it in the yard.
Survey results are from a telephone survey of 1,013 Americans who are self-identified sports fans. The survey was conducted by Braun Research on behalf of Gladiator GarageWorks from October 8-12, 2014 and has a margin of error of +/-3.1%.
About Gladiator® GarageWorks
Gladiator® GarageWorks by Whirlpool brand is the leader in garage organization and storage systems, delivering innovative solutions that allow homeowners to reclaim space in ways that suit their needs, lifestyles and design aesthetic. Gladiator brand offers pre-assembled and ready-to-assemble lines of modular workbenches, cabinets, wall systems, shelving, tool storage, appliances and flooring. Gladiator brand products are sold through local garage dealers, retailers such as Sears and Lowe's, and at www.GladiatorGarageWorks.com.
Source: Gladiator GarageWorks
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.