WARROAD, Minn. –– Imagine an interior shade with the versatility of opening from either the top or the bottom; the precision of virtually complete light control; and the beauty of sleek lines and fully concealed cords.
You don’t have to imagine it. Marvin Windows and Doors has set a new industry standard with a fully integrated interior shade system that outdoes all competition for functionality, beauty and performance. Attendees of the 2015 International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas can visit Marvin’s booth #C5520 to see why this product was recognized by Window & Door magazine with the 2014 Crystal Achievement Award in the “Most Innovative Window Component Category.”
Marvin’s integrated system fits seamlessly into Marvin window and door units with no measuring required. The shade system is available on a range of Marvin windows as well as swinging and sliding doors, or can be retrofitted to existing Marvin windows and swinging doors.
Unlike between-the-glass offerings, Marvin’s solution is compatible with all glazing types, including gas- filled and surface-coated glazings. And Marvin interior shades can be used with simulated divided lites with spacer bars – offering greater design flexibility and superior performance. Marvin’s interior shades are delivered separate from the windows and doors, keeping the fabric and surround clean during the construction and allowing for flexibility on the jobsite. Additionally, shades can be shipped separate and married up at the dealer/distributor to have all items needed for install at one time, or can be shipped later to the jobsite once work is complete.
Other features of this revolutionary new offering include: ￼
• Fully concealed mechanisms and hidden cord systems for superior aesthetics
• Available in either blackout or light-filtering fabric for choice in privacy and light control
• Offered in a palette of 15 colors to match virtually any décor – and, because the product can be retrofitted or shipped later, a color can be chosen later once the homeowner decides on interior color schemes
• Shade surrounds can be ordered prefinished with choice of Marvin’s factory-applied interior finishes
• Shade material is anti-static, liquid-repellant, dust- and soil-resistant, and carries a 10-year warranty
• Precise fit for the ultimate in light and privacy control – virtually no light bleed along the edges of the surround
• Integrated design means shade doesn’t protrude into living area • On sliding doors, shade stack is completely hidden when retracted
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.