Palo Alto, Calif. - Houzz (www.houzz.com), the leading platform for home remodeling and design, today announced a fully redesigned app for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod® touch, optimized for iOS 7. With more than 12 million downloads and 100,000 reviews averaging a 5-star rating, the app provides people with everything they need to improve their homes from start to finish, now with an improved experience for both homeowners and home improvement professionals.
“We’ve seen incredible adoption of our mobile apps with 55 percent of users remodeling their homes with Houzz from a mobile device,” said Alon Cohen, President and co-founder of Houzz. “It has always been our mission to deliver the best technology, user experience and products for home remodeling and design. The redesign makes it even easier for people to find ideas, collaborate on renovation projects and connect with architects, designers, contractors and other home professionals.”
The redesigned Houzz App introduces several new features to improve browsing and sharing. The app has been completely overhauled with new navigation and look and feel. The new Houzz App includes:
• Updated look and feel: The new Houzz App uses flat design with transparency and transition effects.
• Improved navigation: With new drop-down filters including new room styles, it is easier than ever for users to find the information they seek.
• Full screen photo view: With just one tap, photos can be viewed in the full device screen, with the ability to zoom into any photo detail.
• Sharing via AirDrop: Photos, products, professionals, ideabooks and discussions can be directly shared between any two iOS 7 devices using AirDrop.
• Dynamic type support: The fonts within the Houzz app automatically sync with the iOS 7 text size setting, personalizing the in-app user experience.
The Houzz App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/Houzz. Click here for screenshots.
Houzz is the leading platform for home remodeling and design, providing people with everything they need to improve their homes from start to finish - online or from a mobile device. From decorating a room to building a custom home, Houzz connects millions of homeowners, home design enthusiasts and home improvement professionals across the country and around the world. With the largest residential design database in the world and a vibrant community powered by social tools, Houzz is the easiest way for people to get the design inspiration, project advice, product information and professional reviews they need to help turn ideas into reality. For more information, visit www.houzz.com
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.