LAS VEGAS — Formica Corporation, the inventor of laminate, has introduced six new Formica® Brand Laminate PremiumFX™ patterns: four fresh stone and concrete looks as well as two new horizontal wood finishes. The new patterns will be on display in the Formica Corporation booth N1139 at the 2015 Kitchen and Bath Industry Show in Las Vegas on January 20 – 22.
“Softly patterned gray stones continue to grow in popularity for countertops as cool, natural color palettes are being introduced into the kitchen,” said Amy Gath, vice president of marketing at Formica Corporation. “Conversely, we’re also seeing a trend toward dark, dramatic linear stone patterns, often accompanied by bold veining.”
The four new stone patterns include:
• 9477-‐34 Marfil Cream has warm white tones and light gray accents and comes to life with the new Scovato™ finish. This finish is lightly textured and smooth to the touch with a low-‐gloss visual.
• 9478-‐34 Marfil Antico in the new Scovato™ finish is made up of travertine beige with dark gray accents. Light veining adds character to this elegant monochromatic stone. This pattern is perfect for those who want the cool look of concrete without the maintenance hassles.
• 9497-‐34 Silver Quartzite in the new Scovato™ finish was created to mimic natural stone. This pattern boasts a silver background laced with white and black veining. Whispers of charcoal, rust and gray are present throughout.
• Finally, the luxurious and classic look of white granite is showcased with a bold twist in the 9476-‐43 White Ice Granite in the Artisan™ finish. This pattern features a white background with blue-‐gray and warm gray clouds, and charcoal veining.
“Another growing trend in residential kitchens, especially among countertops and islands, is the modern look of wide wood planks,” added Gath. “Our new wood finishes feature eye-‐catching color, contrast and heavy graining for those who want the warmth of natural hardwood without the heavy-‐duty maintenance.”
The two new wood grains in the Natural Grain™ finish include:
• 9484-‐NG Oxidized Beamwood is an elegant wood grain with soft brown tones perfectly weathered with a gray patina. This new finish enhances the look of modern or distressed woods in cathedral and straight grains.
• Capturing the immensely popular trend of reclaimed wood, 9480-‐NG Salvage Planked Elm creates a dramatic visual of painted, vintage wood planks. Paired with the company’s IdealEdge® decorative edges, these new patterns offer the beauty and sophistication of natural wood and stone, at a fraction of the cost.
The new Formica® Brand Laminate patterns will begin to roll out this month to home centers and independent kitchen and bath retailers nationwide. Visit formica.com to find the nearest retail location or to request a sample.
About Formica Corporation
Founded in 1913, Formica Corporation, part of the Formica Group of companies, is a leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative surfacing products for commercial and residential applications. For more information about Formica Corporation, its products, special programs and promotions, visit www.formica.com or call 1-‐800-‐FORMICA™.
About Formica Group
Formica Group is a global group of companies consisting of Formica Canada Inc., Formica Corporation, Formica de Mexico S.A. de C.V., Formica IKI Oy, Formica Skandinavien AB, Formica Limited, Formica S.A., Formica S.A.S., Formica Taiwan Corporation, Formica (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Formica (Asia) Ltd. and Homapal GmbH, among others. The Formica Group of companies is part of the Laminates & Panels division of Fletcher Building.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.