VANCOUVER, BC – Registration is open for Wood Tech Summit, an executive-level conference for North American woodworking professionals, will make its debut as a stand-alone event Oct. 22-23, 2012 at the University of British Columbia’s Robson Square campus in downtown Vancouver.
Wood Tech Summit represents the latest collaboration between the Centre for Advanced Wood Processing (CAWP) at UBC and Woodworking Network. The two-day event will feature three comprehensive full-day conferences - Wood Finishing, Plant Productivity and Business Development. The event will also feature a Networking Reception on the evening of Monday, October 22 including tabletop displays by leading industry suppliers.
Those attending the Monday session on Wood Finishing will receive a 25% discount to also attend one of the dual-track programs – CNC Technology or Building Business Competitiveness - scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 23.
Highlights of 2012 Wood Tech Summit include:
- Opening Finishing Conference keynote presentation by Judson Beaumont, owner of Straight Line Designs and a one-of-a-kind designer and fabricator of custom wood products;
- Finishing Conference presentation by Denis Staples, president of Deslaurier Custom Cabinets, whose successful rebuild of the shop he co-owns after a devastating fire is featured in the book, That’ll Never Work, Business Lessons From Successful Canadian Entrepreneurs;
- Plant Productivity presentation on North America’s first fully automated lights out wood products manufacturing operation;
- Finishing & Business Development presentations by Bernie Bottens, contributing finishing expert for Woodworking Network and Custom Woodworking Business magazine;
- Plus, Finishing R&D, Green Marketing, Drumming Up Business with Social Media, 21st Century Prototyping and Integrating CAD/CAM with CNC Machining.
Learn more about Wood Tech Summit, including confirmed presentations, at WoodTechSummit.com.
For more information about attending Wood Tech Summit or exhibit and sponsorship opportunities, contact: Iain Macdonald, Managing Director, Centre for Advanced Wood Processing at 604-822-1472 or email@example.com or Rich Christianson, Vance Communications, 847-415-8024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.