KITCHENER, ON – Registration is now open for the third annual Wood Tech Summit Leadership Conference, Oct. 9-10 at the Woodworking Centre of Ontario located on the campus of Conestoga College, one-hour southwest of Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.
The event will feature presentations on industry best practices in the front office and shop floor, table top exhibits, optional facility tours and networking opportunities. It will bring together owners, executives and key managers of North American secondary wood products companies and leading industry suppliers.
What’s more, Wood Tech Summit dovetails with the start of the world-famous, Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest, Oct. 10-18, the largest Bavarian festival outside of Germany.
Wood Tech Summit will kick off on Thursday, Oct. 9, with a full-day conference program featuring table top exhibits and a networking reception. Attendees will have the option to attend the Friday, Oct. 10 facility tours, which currently include George Guenzler & Sons and the Woodworking Centre of Ontario.
Confirmed Oct. 9 Wood Tech Summit Presentations
• Surviving & Thriving Through Continuous Innovation - Judson Beaumont, Owner/Designer, Straight Line Designs
• Gaining a Competitive Advantage through Hiring & Training Best Practices - Richard Lipman, President, Wood Manufacturing Council
• On-Shore vs. Off-Shore Manufacturing - Pierre "Pete" Fournier, President, Triangle Kitchen Ltd.
• Big Marketing Ideas for Small Marketing Budgets - Jim Lawrence, President, Avondale Kitchens & Baths and President, Canadian Kitchen Cabinet Association
• Case Study: Exporting to Dubai, Mike Baker, Manager, Bluewater Wood Alliance, Hanover, ON
• New Technologies & Trends That Have, Will or Might Transform Your Woodworking Business - Sepp Gmeiner, Partner, Lignum Consulting
Oct. 10 Facility Tours
George Guenzler & Sons Inc. has bulked up on CNC technology at its plant to manufacturer turned and shaped wood components. Its customers include many of the leading and largest wood product manufacturers in North America.
The Woodworking Centre of Ontario is a 50,000-square-foot, well-equipped facility on the Conestoga College campus. The Woodworking Centre facilitates excellence in secondary wood processing education and training, It has earned a rank in the top four in the world as a training institution.
Registration, Program & Hotel Details
Click here to view the current Wood Tech Summit schedule.
Click here to reserve a room at the Holiday Inn Kitchener-Waterloo Hotel & Conference Center, the headquarters hotel for Wood Tech Summit.
Wood Tech Summit is being organized by Vance Communications Canada, owner of the biennial Woodworking Machinery & Supply Expo (WMS), and the Centre for Advanced Wood Processing at the University of British Columbia. Other partners of the event include: Bluewater Wood Alliance, Canadian Kitchen Cabinet Association, Lignum Consulting, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, the Wood Manufacturing Council and Woodworking Network.
For additional information, contact Bill Esler, Conference Director, 847-415-8024 or email@example.com.