Wilkhahn's new ON ergonomic seating took the top prize of Best of Competition at NeoCon 2010.
The company says it invested five years to develop ON, which it describes as a âfluid combination of natural, 3-D movement, giving freedom to sit the way bodies want and can.â
Seven Innovation Awards were also presented. They went to:
- Steelcase for its node classroom chair;
- Knoll Inc. for Antenna Workspaces;
- Coalesse for SW 1 low collaborative and standard height conference tables + lounge/conference chairs;
- ITOKI Design for its CH Bench MechoShade Systems for the SunDialer window shade adjuster;
- Milliken Constantine for the Notan Collection ergonomic chair; and
- Okamura Corp. for its Leopard Mid-Back conference chair.
The three Editors Choice Awards were given to:
- KI for its Soltice II Recliner for healthcare seating;
- Jofco for the DR desk with its solid walnut leg structure and striking material contrasts; and
- Highmark for the InTouch seating with BodyBalance control.
The Best of NeoCon Product Competition honors new commercial interiors products introduced to the contract furnishings industry during NeoCon 2010.The Best of NeoCon is sponsored by Contract Magazine, Merchandise Mart Properties Inc., McMorrowReport.com, IIDA, and IFMA.
To see all the entries in the Best of NeoCon competition, click here.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.